New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages12>
overdog  
Posted : Sunday, 19 June 2011 11:13:22 AM(UTC)
overdog

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
How much can I reasonably expect to get for a 1 oz nugget?Not that Ive GOT a 1 oz nugget just curious...
oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 19 June 2011 2:04:59 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

A good looking nugget can fetch well over the spot price of gold. Even ones with other minerals attached to it. The best ones usually find their way onto mineral auction sites.

kiwijw  
Posted : Sunday, 19 June 2011 5:29:22 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi guys, Check this site out. Just click on small, medium or large & it will tell you what percentage they add on above spot price.
http://www.gold-net.com.au/goldsale4.html

Happy hunting

JW :)
overdog  
Posted : Sunday, 26 June 2011 10:36:15 AM(UTC)
overdog

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Just been looking @ the American forums-apparently some highly respected bank or other has predicted a gold price of... wait for it... 5000 DOLLARS US AN OUNCE!

Can you imagine the number of people out looking for the yellow if that happens?!?!?
oroplata  
Posted : Sunday, 26 June 2011 1:44:48 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Not a matter of if, a matter of when.

I expect it within a year. The USD is on life support, prognosis negative. Once Greece goes BOOM, the EURO goes, and the USD will follow due to the intricacies of the web of deceit the banks have woven.

cavey  
Posted : Sunday, 26 June 2011 2:29:46 PM(UTC)
cavey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Good to see all the positivity out there i guess we will all meet at some stage when none of us have jobs and we all living in some tent camp in otago or westcoast scratching 4 specks of gold so that we can still feed our selfs . I try to be positive just my two cents worth

Stu
kiwijw  
Posted : Sunday, 26 June 2011 3:14:43 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

It is very hard to be positive these days. The shit has surely got to hit the fan. Again....not a matter of if but when. Things just cant keep on going the way they are with out it happening. How can countries keep on living on borrowed money, NZ no exception. Probably one of the worst. I just wonder where all the borrowed money is coming from, what it is based on & how it is proped up & how on earth it is ever going to be repaid......It aint looking very bloody good no matter how positive you may want or like to look at it. A ticking time bomb....Oh...I hope that pun doesnt become a reality....

JW
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Sunday, 26 June 2011 4:28:36 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
kiwijw wrote:
It is very hard to be positive these days. The shit has surely got to hit the fan. Again....not a matter of if but when. Things just cant keep on going the way they are with out it happening. How can countries keep on living on borrowed money, NZ no exception. Probably one of the worst. I just wonder where all the borrowed money is coming from, what it is based on & how it is proped up & how on earth it is ever going to be repaid......It aint looking very bloody good no matter how positive you may want or like to look at it. A ticking time bomb....Oh...I hope that pun doesnt become a reality....

JW

Interesting - the money is borrowed under the terms and conditions of 'Fractional Reserve Banking' - basically the financial system as we know it was founded around 400 BC in Lydia, Asia Minor, It is privately based and does not belong to the governments of the different countries. Obama, the puppet, got into power and immediately borrowed trillions of NON existent money - by borrowing it he allowed the Federal Reserve to print the money. Obama's government authorised the printing of bonds to the value of the money to be borrowed - the bonds delivered to Federal Reserve - Federal Reserve print the money on worth less paper - deliver to the government and the people are the ones who have to pay it back at I believe the ration of nine to one.
NZ borrowed to become the welfare state and look whats happening!
I read somewhere that countries with 10 or so percent of people starving would borrow to feed the people under fractional reserve banking and those countries now have 40% starving and homeless as the debt repayment far exceeds the original amount.

Gold and Silver - thats the thing - Gold and Silver - do NOT sell it - keep it. People say that it will go down in price - of course it will but then it will recover and escalate even higher - like the teeth on a carpentry saw placed on its back on a table teeth uppermost - the teeth start close to the table and go up, then drop then up again but for ever trending upwards - dont take any notice of the drop in gold or silver prices, they recover and go even higher.

This does not mean that all eggs should be in the gold and silver basket - other things are good investments as well - land (be careful here in NZ as there is NO freehold land - none! Also antique guns if one knows them - what to buy and what not to buy.
overdog  
Posted : Sunday, 26 June 2011 4:51:18 PM(UTC)
overdog

Man

Global economics just makes absolutely NO sense to me-how can the price of a cabbage in Bolivia affect the petrol prices here?
Survivalism starts to look very attractive about now-the Middle East has maybe a year before meltdown and the good old U S of A even less.

Maybe we should stock up on ammo and go find a nice secluded cave... :)
oroplata  
Posted : Monday, 27 June 2011 2:36:46 AM(UTC)
oroplata

There are now 44 million people in the USA on food stamps. All the while the politicians and media say the USA is in recovery. Recovery MY ARSE!

Of course the big banks - who are major contributors to this problem - even make money out of the food stamps program because now it is all run on a special debit card system and the banks take a cut whenever the "food stamps" are redeemed.

Lammerlaw  
Posted : Tuesday, 28 June 2011 10:31:57 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

oroplata wrote:

There are now 44 million people in the USA on food stamps. All the while the politicians and media say the USA is in recovery. Recovery MY ARSE!

Of course the big banks - who are major contributors to this problem - even make money out of the food stamps program because now it is all run on a special debit card system and the banks take a cut whenever the "food stamps" are redeemed.

If the huge banks and the monetary system owners were incarcerated as criminals against mankind then we could go back to a better system - globalisation is criminal - why the hell should we import Pork form China, export dairy produce to other countries etc when we can be more or less self sufficient and simply work on a Trade system.
Those who own the financial systems and their puppets like Obama are criminals and it is largely through them and their system that there is corruption, starvation and greed.

These scum love and encourage wars because wars and the manufacture of war materials are THE ultimate consumer industries with ridiculous profit margins governed by the NEED to have the best weapons of attack and deterrence.

Back to gold and in my hypocrisy I must admit that for years I used to get up. look at the gold prices and say things like "Oh F... a Duck, I have just lost ten grand overnight" or "Hello here comes the Big OE - I have just gone up ten thou overnight"
I still enjoy looking at gold prices and calculating my value increase or decrease in gold values - lots of fun but my advice is never sell gold - hoard it, hide it, keep it...I will sometimes swap it for 'the' antiques I want.

Edited by user Tuesday, 28 June 2011 10:35:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

oroplata  
Posted : Tuesday, 28 June 2011 11:16:28 AM(UTC)
oroplata

Criminal is right.

Now there talking about a free trade agreement with India. There is no such thing as free trade. It's basically a farce designed to transfer more wealth to a few people at the top of the food chain. The common man in both countries ends up worse off. Plus countries like the USA use these trade agreements to force their other systems (such as trademarks and copyright) onto other nations. Boo!

overdog  
Posted : Tuesday, 28 June 2011 11:31:33 AM(UTC)
overdog

Man

Right... lets have a vote! All those in favour of shutting our borders,being self sufficient and saying a big "sod off" to the rest of the world raise your hands!

Whos with me brothers! :)
oroplata  
Posted : Wednesday, 29 June 2011 4:03:13 AM(UTC)
oroplata

One problem with that idea is I don't think there are any (substancial) pharmaceutical manufacturers in NZ. That's something we need to fix first.

Lammerlaw  
Posted : Wednesday, 29 June 2011 4:24:32 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

oroplata wrote:

One problem with that idea is I don't think there are any (substancial) pharmaceutical manufacturers in NZ. That's something we need to fix first.

That is an industry that I think could be set up really quite quickly here as it is all derived from plants, many of which are South American - no reason why we could not have state or private herb farms where these plants were propagated and planted commercially and due to the variations in the countries climate and environment I would think that there would be no or very few of them which would not thrive here - not only that but they would be cheaper, obtainable as refined pills and potions or as natural herbal medicines at a fraction of the cost as the big huge off shore pharmaceutical companies and their criminal profit margins would be out of the equation. Medicines would be within the reach of every New Zealander.
petetsw  
Posted : Friday, 1 July 2011 8:16:17 AM(UTC)
petetsw

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just called up diamond traders down in chch i have a 5 gr gold bullion that i want so sell and they only offered me $40 per gram, spot prize is about $60 per gram someone is making a fortune here and it is not me, does anyone know how much they are paying for panning gold???
kiwijw  
Posted : Friday, 1 July 2011 10:11:23 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Depends on its Assayed purity less handling fee & margins. As you say "Some one is making money & its not me"
It is always the guy who gets his hands dirty & does the hard yards that seems to get ripped off most, while some white collar office type soft arse pussy makes the EASY money. I HATE that. Thats why the world is screwed.

JW :)
oroplata  
Posted : Friday, 1 July 2011 12:44:28 PM(UTC)
oroplata

This pretty much sums up where things are heading...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/b...lobal-train-wreck-coming

Note the last paragraph...

"Australia needed a sovereign wealth fund to store mining income while it lasted, ideally stored in a separate account for each taxpayer so the government could not raid it."

That's exactly what NZ needs to do, and let loose people into the gold fields. We need to stockpile gold IN THE COUNTRY, that's what could save NZ financially. Not flog it off to overseas miners at a deep discount.

Lammerlaw  
Posted : Friday, 1 July 2011 1:21:19 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

oroplata wrote:

This pretty much sums up where things are heading...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/b...lobal-train-wreck-coming

Note the last paragraph...

"Australia needed a sovereign wealth fund to store mining income while it lasted, ideally stored in a separate account for each taxpayer so the government could not raid it."

That's exactly what NZ needs to do, and let loose people into the gold fields. We need to stockpile gold IN THE COUNTRY, that's what could save NZ financially. Not flog it off to overseas miners at a deep discount.

Now you have hit a sensitive spot as far as I am concerned - it is high time the honest New Zealanders brought this criminal and corrupt government to its heels and ensured that not one ounce of gold leaves this country. The untied people of this country should be stockpiling every ounce that comes out of the ground. The peoples government should be sole purchasers of all gold with some allowance for the likes of the Gold Shop in Hokitika, Jewellers and other private citizens. Private citizens should be permitted to buy and stockpile or to find and stockpile, to swap or exchange but at the end of the deal the gold goes to state coffers and not off shore. Miners and private citizens should not be penalised as gold purchased by the Government would have to be at its gold value on the current world market minus assay costs.
Mines should be either Kiwi owned or Government owned with the government mines working to recover gold on behalf of the people whom they serve...or at least should serve because I do not believe that the current government serves the citizens who voted them into power.
overdog  
Posted : Friday, 1 July 2011 1:31:47 PM(UTC)
overdog

Man

Show me a government ANYWHERE in the world who isnt just in it for the money and power and Ill eat my gold pan.
To quote Billy Connolly the desire to be a politician should ban you for life from ever being one.
All of em are just a waste of good breathing air.
2 Pages12>