New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

3 Pages<123
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 1:37:44 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mem Go to Quoted Post
Its a shame, and i find it all sad reading this.
Mem

I agree entirely but due to my own controvesial nature I have just this moment written to admin to request that my membership be terminated and all contributions/photos be deleted as I can see that forums like this just aint my thing - I guess I am more suited to wide open spaces where theres no people to get offside with!

If you are ever out this way mem as I see you are from the UK feel free to look me up - you will find the barks worse than the bite and the fact that you feel sad reading it tells me something about you - something I like.

Edited by user Tuesday, 19 July 2011 1:49:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cavey  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 6:38:39 AM(UTC)
cavey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi Lammerlaw

It will be a shame to see you go as i have enjoyed reading your posts about gold and guns thanks for shearing your knowledge and tips . Hope you enjoy your wide open spaces as i do mine .

Cavey.

only1gold  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 8:46:19 AM(UTC)
only1gold

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Lammerlaw,

though I have not been on the forum long or even replied to any of your posts, I really hope you stay as your input is greatly valued!
However its up to you.

So I hope all goes well whatever you decide!

O1G
O1G
starflash  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 10:52:55 AM(UTC)
starflash

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)
lammerlaw i have never and would never tresspass, nor would eagle as he is a well known person in the otago area and reputation is everything.
you must be so completely consumed by suspicion(gold fever) over someone entering your property (where ever that may be) it has fried your brain. how on earth did my first post which clearly was a bit of a joke result in you calling me a "wank", your the first person on this or other forums to use swear words and not be sensored.

you have told us the type of people that you dont like!, well I dont like the type of unstable people who quickly loose their temper and swear at people.

goodbye and good riddens
never your mate
starflash
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 11:22:46 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: starflash Go to Quoted Post
lammerlaw i have never and would never tresspass, nor would eagle as he is a well known person in the otago area and reputation is everything.
you must be so completely consumed by suspicion(gold fever) over someone entering your property (where ever that may be) it has fried your brain. how on earth did my first post which clearly was a bit of a joke result in you calling me a "wank", your the first person on this or other forums to use swear words and not be sensored.

you have told us the type of people that you dont like!, well I dont like the type of unstable people who quickly loose their temper and swear at people.

goodbye and good riddens
never your mate
starflash

You do not know me and yes I swear at people but no I never make jokes at their expense - unstable, maybe you but no I am not that either, an assumption on your part - I merely have my likes and dislikes. Had you read all contributions to all forums you would also see that I am not the first to swear either! No, not consumed by gold - in fact I give a great deal away to newcomers so that they have a souvenir of the good times they have had - but before you make jokes of others - get to know them, do not make jokes when someone is to you an unknown and you have not met them. I have a strong sense of humour but it never is at the expense of others

If you infer about going to the property of others then one might reasonably assume that indeed you would - a reasonable assumption to make is it not! my answers were merely my reaction to a form of behaviour that I found uncalled for.

You first post was just that - 'a joke' but at the expense of another - not my style but sadly it has led to a personality conflict. You betray your nature with 'Goodbye and good riddance' - note the spelling - yes you are so right - you would never be my mate. At least I do not lower myself to the level of person jokes and such inane comments.

I am not gone yet as you can see Gavin has not apparently deleted my account though I requested he do so. I have no wish to give suggestions or share with others such as yourself though to be honest and fair to you I dont know you personally.

Edited by user Tuesday, 19 July 2011 11:32:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1864hatter  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 11:29:37 AM(UTC)
1864hatter

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 566 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Bloody hell guys this is all a bit serious and not at all gold related. Its a shame that from time to time there seems to be people getting a bit grumpy on this forum. Perhaps such disputes should be discussed via the PM system. Im not taking sides (nor do i want to know about nor care about such arguments)but personally find it demoralizing and off putting when i read these things. Furthermore the last thing a small band of outlaws like us needs is to have problems with fellow miners.

Now to try and bring this thread back on track,

I had my detector down at the beach the other day but found the salt water and basalt rocks too annoying so i retreated to my much loved parks which seem to contain endless supplys of coins and treasure. Does anyone have any desire to share with me wether they walk along the beach horizontally or the other way? I found that my detector needed to be ground balanced very differently between the dry sand and the wet. Also is a gold bug really the toy i should be using for this?
And now....On sandy beaches and muddy soil, rings and coins await my coil!
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 11:35:11 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: 1864hatter Go to Quoted Post
Bloody hell guys this is all a bit serious and not at all gold related. Its a shame that from time to time there seems to be people getting a bit grumpy on this forum. Perhaps such disputes should be discussed via the PM system. Im not taking sides (nor do i want to know about nor care about such arguments)but personally find it demoralizing and off putting when i read these things. Furthermore the last thing a small band of outlaws like us needs is to have problems with fellow miners.

I had my detector down at the beach the other day but found the salt water and basalt rocks too annoying so i retreated to my much loved parks which seem to contain endless supplys of coins and treasure. Does anyone have any desire to share with me wether they walk along the beach horizontally or the other way? I found that my detector needed to be ground balanced very differently between the dry sand and the wet. Also is a gold bug really the toy i should be using for this?

Hi Matt

I am considering a Gold Bug myself so get hold of David or come see us sometime as I have want to compare one with the Minelab when the weathers a bit better...but more later
Shilo  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 1:52:07 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1864hatter Go to Quoted Post

Although my detectors aren't effected by the salt much, the AT Pro needs balancing with every change from dry to wet & again in the water. So to save the hassle I divide up the beach into 2 portions horizontally and will zig zag up and down each portion then do the same for the next one. For example I cover the wet first (to beat the tides) walking from the start of the dry sand to the water then back up again on an angle like this VVVVVV. Once that wet part is done I will return doing the same on the dry.

Sure I will miss targets between the zig zags but if I find something nice I concentrate in that area and cover every inch of it. Normally if you find one item, there will be another in the vicinity.

Can't comment on the Goldbug but if you can get it stable in the wet then worry about the dry later on. There is sometimes a 3rd zone of a few metres wide between the dry and wet but that depends on the beach.
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 3:55:31 PM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Quote:
Also is a gold bug really the toy i should be using for this?

Are you kidding?!! The Gold Bug is the cats meow! Not only is it a good gold detector it is also a pretty good all around detector. Although you should get an 11" coil. I have only used mine at the beach a couple of times but tended to stay out of the wet sand because I did not want to get swept out to sea. I keep thinking I should go to a swimming beach sometime to look for treasures instead of these steep Canterbury rock piles that only seem to have fishing weights.
under the bedrock  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 July 2011 10:24:12 PM(UTC)
under the bedrock

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
i too have trouble getting my detector to work well on the beach ,seems to go ok for about half a minuite then usually starts giving off random tones ,then when you go over the same spot it isnt consistent .
I know our beach will be good as you can drive on it and it is packed in summer.
And packed with [Pulltabs
creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 20 July 2011 9:55:36 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
hey there lammerlaw. Stick around. You seem to be a valuable member of this forum. You can only please some of the people some of the time anyway. I forgive you for shooting cats...
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Wednesday, 20 July 2011 11:38:34 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: creamer Go to Quoted Post
hey there lammerlaw. Stick around. You seem to be a valuable member of this forum. You can only please some of the people some of the time anyway. I forgive you for shooting cats...

Thanks for the comment - much appreciated - I will put my contact back onto the profile and next time you are down this way feel free to look me up.
oroplata  
Posted : Wednesday, 20 July 2011 12:12:41 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

I was about to send lammerlaw a MEDAL for shooting cats!

creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 20 July 2011 5:45:06 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Originally Posted by: oroplata Go to Quoted Post

I was about to send lammerlaw a MEDAL for shooting cats!

Jake said to say hello..
creamer attached the following image(s):
Oct17^07.JPG
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 20 July 2011 6:08:21 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Originally Posted by: Lammerlaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: creamer Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the comment - much appreciated - I will put my contact back onto the profile and next time you are down this way feel free to look me up.

Thankyou very much. I will 4 sure.

Shane
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
cavey  
Posted : Wednesday, 20 July 2011 9:46:20 PM(UTC)
cavey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Good to hear you are staying around lammerlaw look forward to more of your posts

Stuart.
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Wednesday, 20 July 2011 10:20:14 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: cavey Go to Quoted Post
Good to hear you are staying around lammerlaw look forward to more of your posts

Stuart.

I did request my membership be terminated but as yet it hasnt gone - Do not think I will contribute anymore but have left email address in profile for those who made positive comments should they wish to contact me - its apparent that theres some good guys here and I am happy to give them opinions and any information they wish to know providing I can answer of course. Thanks Stuart.
gjj109  
Posted : Wednesday, 20 July 2011 10:48:51 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Gidday Graeme,

Can't say I always agree with your comments especially regarding the political situation, but I always look forward to reading your posts. Obviously, some of the things we are meant to take seriously are said in jest, to engender controversy. Picking those ones out of the mix is the interesting part. I look forward to being further enlightened.
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Thursday, 21 July 2011 11:23:28 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: gjj109 Go to Quoted Post
Gidday Graeme,

Can't say I always agree with your comments especially regarding the political situation, but I always look forward to reading your posts. Obviously, some of the things we are meant to take seriously are said in jest, to engender controversy. Picking those ones out of the mix is the interesting part. I look forward to being further enlightened.

Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated - as said earlier I had requested to be removed form the forum but hasnt happened - I do not think however that I will contribute again as I simply have absolutely no time for some types on here though the majority and grand fellows indeed whom I would have no hesitation in sharing information with or hosting on my property. It is the few who spoil it for the majority.
I have placed my email address in whats left of the profile should anyone wish to get in touch.
Thanks again.

Edited by user Thursday, 21 July 2011 11:25:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 Pages<123