New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

3 Pages<123
oneounce  
Posted : Thursday, 8 October 2015 9:12:35 AM(UTC)
oneounce

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 52 post(s)
It's the Big Billy Goats you should be worried about especially this time of year !!! Forget about the possums.

CTX3030
Excalibur 11
Detecknix Xpointer
Gray Ghost Underwater Headphones
Gog Headphones

Detecting - Knowledge is Power
The Hatter  
Posted : Thursday, 8 October 2015 3:24:23 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Would you care for a whiskey, Nurse Maude. Oh you naughty man said Nurse Maude. I rarely drink, but as it Christmas day. Why yes, why not. I am in good company with true friends. And so the night wore on. And even Nurse Maude was knocking them back, indeed they all were.
Oh what a great night we are having said Henry, and that was another toast. Now tell me Des, why did the scones start getting fuses in them.

Well said Henry we exchanged food for about a couple of weeks. And then one day at dusk as we waited for our German sausage and brown bread. It all turned sour. I guess the Bosch officers had found out. Over came our rations. From their trench. But this time the German sausage and loaves of brown bread, had sputtering fuses hanging out of them.

To be continued
GoldPandemic  
Posted : Friday, 16 October 2015 12:32:30 PM(UTC)
GoldPandemic

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Okay traded my gun for a pittbull, apparently his only need is an occasional hermit to chew on.
UserPostedImage
Treasure/coins: $1
Other artifacts: 1888 button
Lead: 914g
Copper: 46
spud  
Posted : Friday, 16 October 2015 12:59:19 PM(UTC)
spud

New Zealand

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Id take some dog biscuits as I don't think a crusty hermit would satisfy that critter for long...you could be on the menu next:)
Aotea  
Posted : Friday, 16 October 2015 7:01:15 PM(UTC)
Aotea

New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Good stuff...so head into garden gulley, there is another gulley say ninety degrees to left..quite narrow. Walk a couple of hundred metres or so. The hermit lives around here, but on the left hand side, when you're still walking in, there is a tunnel at ground level. Cruise in and check it out, nice Quartz seams. About 5-7m into th tunnel is a vertical shaft you need to step over, it's full of water and looks link a puddle...

Real interesting country. Enjoy. Hopefully the hermit won't be too stringy for your new hound!!
GoldPandemic  
Posted : Friday, 16 October 2015 8:08:17 PM(UTC)
GoldPandemic

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: oneounce Go to Quoted Post
It's the Big Billy Goats you should be worried about especially this time of year !!! Forget about the possums.

I'm not keen on taking down a billygoat, but guess my mattock should do the job. My guess is they eat nuggets so I might get lucky!
Treasure/coins: $1
Other artifacts: 1888 button
Lead: 914g
Copper: 46
The Hatter  
Posted : Friday, 30 October 2015 5:32:51 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Hmmmm now where was I. Well the whisky was flowing and talk was free. Des stood up, and said, " Time for me to visit the outhouse" all this mirth and whiskey is overcoming me. So out he headed. To his most well structured, long drop. Some said it was the best on the Coast. Ole Des always just said, ya had to build them well in the trenches, we also had a few fake ones. Jerry was always trying to dig tunnels under our trenches, some were were just full of shit, others had high explosives in them. Whichever one they hit, they were certainly in the shit. Right be back soon.

Right said Henry, watch this Nurse Maude. And he took out Des's birthday cake, he lit the candles. Knowing that Des's fuse was about good for four minutes. The old buggar baked me an exploding Birthday Cake, but I was onto him like a flash. Lets see how the ole buggar deals with this when he comes back in his hut.

To be continued

Cheers Trev aka " The Hatter"
The Hatter  
Posted : Friday, 30 October 2015 11:04:10 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Well it was the " Final Countdown" Des's exploding food had finally caught up with him. Back he came into the hut, God I feel better after that he said to Henry. Now lets drink some more whiskey. Oh yay said Henry and Nurse Maude. But look Des, said Nurse Maude Henry his lit the candles on his birthday cake. The one you cooked for him. Oh frig thought Des, its came back to haunt me, shit shit shit. Its like back in the trenches again. But this time its our incoming. Red on Red. Frig what will I do. Des quickly ripped out his trusty knife he alway wore on his belt. Sliced a bit of cake and gobbled it down. Damm he said, not enough sugar or sumthin. It tastes like crap. Best I get rid of it, really quick.
But Des said Nurse Maude it looks delicious to me, and to me chimed in Des. No no no said Des, it will make you fart big time, and me too. Oh said Nurse Maude, wash your tongue out Desmond Jones. Des paused for a moment for nobody knew his full name. He was caught for a moment, and thoughts flashed through his head of a lovely young nurse, who treated him after he was severely wounded in the trenches, shell shock, and several Jerry bullets in him. And on the trip home, he remembered the same Nurse tending to him on the Hospital ship. But it was only flash backs, a distant memory tucked away in a place and time he wanted to forget.

I have to save them he thought. So grabbing the cake he ran outa the hut. Frig I think I put two sticks of jelly in that cake. Oh damm damm damm. how foolish I have been over my years. I have to get rid of this infernal cake. Des rushed to his long drop, didn't even lift the wooden seat. Down he dropped it. Then hugged the ground. Incoming he yelled to Nurse Maude and Henry, hug the floor..

To be continued.

Cheers Trev aka " The Hatter"

The Hatter  
Posted : Saturday, 31 October 2015 4:58:19 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Well next minute there was a mighty explosion, kabooooom. Des's outhouse, long drop, lifted from its perch, rose several feet in the air, then disintegrated, boards and his prized wooden toilet seat flew everywhere. But something else flew everywhere too. Oh you can guess. Nurse Maude and Henry rushed outside. Des Des are you alright. Des slowly got to his feet. I think I ferked that one up he said. I threw the cake down the outhouse, with the candles still going. Frig, it was a methane explosion, better than Jerry could ever manage or do.

Nurse Maude and Henry stopped in their tracks, as they went to assist Des. Pheew. My god said Henry, you are covered in shit. Well at least its my own said Des. He was always quick of the tongue. Well said Nurse Maude get yourself down to the creek, and clean up a bit. You pong.

Des trudged down to the creek, stripped off, and cleaned himself up. May as well wash my clothes while I am here he thought. After all I have visitors. So he trudged back up to his hut. Trouble was he was starkers. This is just not going my way tonite he thought.

Ahoy my hut, Nurse Maude, can you kindly go under my bunk, you will find my funeral suit, kindly chuck it out to me please. Keep your eyes shut.

Nurse Maude reached under his bunk, and at first pulled out a battered leather suitcase, which she put aside. Finding another ancient suitcase, she opened it to find Des's funeral suit. So she biffed it out to him. Yes Des I have my eyes shut. And she thought in another life and in a far off distant country. You were not so embarrassed.

To be continued
The Hatter  
Posted : Saturday, 31 October 2015 10:18:54 PM(UTC)
The Hatter

New Zealand

Des walked back into the hut, resplendent in his funeral suit. Damm that methane is real bad stuff, worse than what the Hun chucked at us. Guess I have to build a new longdrop, but at least it cleaned it out. Now pour me another whisky. Des settled back in his old armchair, and said, damm I have been a bit of a silly boy, haven't I. No Des said Nurse Maude, you are only you. And what the war made you. Now what is in your other suitcase. Oh that one said Des I haven't looked in that one for so many years, I have no idea. Do you mind if I have a look said Nurse Maude. Oh just go ahead, said Des, I have been shit on, crapped on. And I feel a total fool. So Nurse Maude, dragged his battered old suitcase out, and opened it. Phew she said, what is that smell, oh said Des I put some moth and weevil killer in it years ago. Haven't opened it since.

Nurse Maude saw a brown world war 1 battle dress tunic. Which lay on top. Taking it out she unraveled it. Oh my god said Henry, you were there. Yes indeed said Des, Do you think I tell lies. I may blow up my outhouse, but I am a man of truth. I fought for my country and I paid a price. Yes Desmond Jones said, Nurse Maude, you gave your all. Oh damm thought Des, I have been found out. Nurse Maude held the battle dress up, and said to Des you haven't been very careful with it. Look there are two holes in it. Must have been moths Des said. I should have added more moth killer stuff. And what are these Des asked Nurse Maude. Finding a small box with medals in it. Oh just some trinkets said Des, they must have pinned them on my blanket when I was shipped out to a hospital in France, after my time at Somme.

Nurse Maude held them up, although tarnished and lacking lustre, Henry said. Gazing at them in the light of a kerosene lamp and a flickering open fire. Oh my god that is the Victoria Cross and a Military Cross.

To be continued
3 Pages<123