New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages12>
24cart  
Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 2:41:40 PM(UTC)
24cart

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"GOLDGUY89" IS ADVERTISING ITEMS FOR SALE ON HERE, HE TAKES PAYMENT, AND THATS THE LAST YOU HEAR FROM HIM, SO BE WARNED. I HAVE TRIED TO REPORT HIS ACTIONS TO THE MODERATORS BUT UNFORTUNATLY I KEEP GETTIMG AN EROR MESSAGE.
SO IF THE MODERATORS READ THIS TAKE THIS GUY OUT.....
I finally contacted the site administrators and they are keeping an eye on things. I have also now heard from "GOLDGUY89" as well, and he has promised to refund my money,.... I am still waiting.... its not a lot of money to loose, but these things can lead to larger amounts, so its just a warning for others on here be aware. Will let you all know if I do get my refund....

Edited by user Wednesday, 7 January 2015 10:40:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nafcd  
Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 6:43:05 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
don't know the guy but he could be away on holiday at this time of year
24cart  
Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 10:47:09 PM(UTC)
24cart

Man
New Zealand

Originally Posted by: nafcd Go to Quoted Post
don't know the guy but he could be away on holiday at this time of year

Hi nafcd. Thanks for your response. I don't think holidays are the problem here as I negotiated the deal with this guy, whose real name is Johl Humphries, in late November early December and his reply's were always prompt, that was until he had the money, after that no response at all and no goods. He has not replied to any of my emails or refunded my money as requested, he has also posted messages on here since the deal so is still using his computer, I have also discovered that the money was paid into his mothers account and not his own account, that's a bit suspect in its self, I have also discovered from Facebook that he owes money to other people. I have done many deals online over the years and never had a problem, If one sells something online and has been paid for it, one is obliged to get the goods out promptly to avoid problems like this. This sort of thing is also not a good look for Paydirts Buy, Sell & Swap column either.

Edited by user Thursday, 1 January 2015 9:07:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sycotoad  
Posted : Friday, 2 January 2015 4:11:39 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
it certainly says a lot about someone who involves their mother in their criminal activities .......

sorry to hear about this so close to home -

believe it or not its safer to purchase goods from overseas using Paypal, than buy something off a local site -
Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
Metal Kiwi  
Posted : Friday, 2 January 2015 4:46:30 PM(UTC)
Metal Kiwi

Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sycotoad Go to Quoted Post
it certainly says a lot about someone who involves their mother in their criminal activities .......

believe it or not its safer to purchase goods from overseas using Paypal, than buy something off a local site -

That's a bit tough Sycotad.
My site is perfectly safe with many happy customers.
I think it is more correct to say that most cons come from overseas.

HNY

MK

Mudwiggle  
Posted : Friday, 2 January 2015 5:43:39 PM(UTC)
Mudwiggle

Groups: Registered, Moderators
New Zealand

Was thanked: 683 time(s) in 317 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Metal Kiwi Go to Quoted Post
MK

Over the last 6 months I've ordered 18 pairs of Nike shoes from the guys that keep selling them on here.
Haven't received any of them yet, but I understand my long-lost Nigerian uncle might be holding them for me :)

nafcd  
Posted : Friday, 2 January 2015 9:39:31 PM(UTC)
nafcd

New Zealand

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 34 post(s)
is that the one that tragically died in a road accident. I have had a few of them to. poor old uncle ???? whats his name.
sycotoad  
Posted : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 8:51:58 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: Metal Kiwi Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sycotoad Go to Quoted Post

That's a bit tough Sycotad.
My site is perfectly safe with many happy customers.

HNY

MK

Sorry NO disrespect intended to you, your site or your members however I stand behind my statement that using Paypal to purchase your items is safer than using our current trading setup -

I have been ripped off twice on trademe for low amounts - under $100 - trademe do sweet FA and you have to take it to small claims to get your money back - hardly worth the headache given the amount involved -

Was ripped off twice on ebay - Once for around $1000 and the other under a hundred dollars - Both instances I paid using Paypal and in both instance I was refunded in under a week, without the headache of going to a court -

The point I am making is if you can pay for you goods using Paypal then do so as its the best insurance one can have throughout the entire purchasing/selling process - NO I have no affiliations with Paypal except being a customer -

MK I am more than sure you, your site and your members are nothing short of incredible when conducting any transactions - Cheers ;) - No offense intended MK
sycotoad  
Posted : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 8:55:56 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: nafcd Go to Quoted Post
is that the one that tragically died in a road accident. I have had a few of them to. poor old uncle ???? whats his name.

Uncle Sam - a fake American made in China sold in Nigeria

goldhanded  
Posted : Saturday, 17 January 2015 12:34:30 PM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 19 post(s)
When chatting about con artists and counterfeiters lets not forget to mention David Marsden at Skylab and there trade me rip offs,be careful out there friends!
ted wilson  
Posted : Saturday, 28 February 2015 9:41:48 AM(UTC)
ted wilson

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Any luck on your refund?

24cart  
Posted : Saturday, 28 February 2015 3:32:54 PM(UTC)
24cart

Man
New Zealand

Hi Ted. No refund yet, I think he has spent the money and now can't afford to send me the goods, but have been in contact with him and he now says he will allow someone to collect the ore as it is sitting there waiting for me, so the latest is I am trying to arrange for a friend to call in and pick the ore up for me, am still working on it. Thanks for your interest. Dennis.
ted wilson  
Posted : Saturday, 28 February 2015 5:10:19 PM(UTC)
ted wilson

Man
New Zealand

I also ordered some ore from him. He said that it was in the mail. When it did not show up, he quickly said that he would send a second batch. I said I would pay fpr a tracked shipment. I have hot heard from him for a while. He has not responded to my emails asking for the tracking number.

I am working with PayPal to try and get it resolved. I still hope that he will respond to either my email, the email from paypal, or get hold of me and provide a tracking number. I am still willing to pay the extra money for the tracking. I was really looking forward to getting some of the quartz material and make some cabochons from it.

Edited by user Saturday, 28 February 2015 5:11:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

24cart  
Posted : Sunday, 1 March 2015 5:21:10 AM(UTC)
24cart

Man
New Zealand

Hi Ted. I do have his phone number, address, etc. if you want them, he also has a Facebook page, to get his details just type Johl Humphries New Zealand into Google and his details come up. Would like to know how many others he has done this to, If he has done it a few times then he is committing a crime as it amounts to fraud, I am going to report it to the police if he does not eventually come up with the goods. I hope you did not hand over to much cash..... Dennis.
ted wilson  
Posted : Monday, 2 March 2015 4:18:02 AM(UTC)
ted wilson

Man
New Zealand

I used PayPal so I expect that I am protected. I really want to work it out with him. I only have $83 (NZ) at risk.
24cart  
Posted : Monday, 2 March 2015 8:42:07 AM(UTC)
24cart

Man
New Zealand

Hi Ted. Same here I only sent him $25, but its not really about the money its about doing the right thing, by keeping the money and not sending the goods it amounts to theft, and if left unchallenged he is likely to continue doing it to who knows how many other innocent people, and small amounts can eventually lead to larger amounts and before long he could find himself behind bars and doing time. I think he is robing Peter to pay Paul as the saying goes, and using the money to pay off other debts. Not good.
ted wilson  
Posted : Monday, 2 March 2015 3:16:25 PM(UTC)
ted wilson

Man
New Zealand

Earlier you mentioned that you may be going out and picking up the quartz. If you do, maybe we can arrange for you to pick up my quarts and concentrate. I would then pay you to send it to me. If you can arrange it, I will send the original email to you in a PM that states the price and amount.
5AMP  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 March 2015 9:04:40 AM(UTC)
5AMP

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I would be suprised if that quartz exists-the photos he posted did not look like any NZ gold I have seen.I would really like to know if anyone gets what they ordered.
24cart  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 March 2015 10:01:05 AM(UTC)
24cart

Man
New Zealand

I have arranged for someone in Auckland to visit him and collect the goods the next time they go to Thames, but they are having trouble contacting him, which is not suprising.... so the situation still goes on un-resolved.
ted wilson  
Posted : Sunday, 8 March 2015 4:08:38 PM(UTC)
ted wilson

Man
New Zealand

I had my son call him, he picked up the first call. My son asked for the tracking number, which he said he would provide the next day.......

Since then, his calls all go to voice mail.

If your friend makes it, I was suppose to get 10 ponds of quartz and a bag of concentrates. If you can pick it up, I will pay for shipping.

Let me know....

Ted
2 Pages12>