New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

2 Pages12>
chrischch  
Posted : Sunday, 4 September 2011 12:33:36 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
I'm looking at spending around the $300 mark on an entry level detector for now before getting something better once ive found a few things. Would i be better off with this one that has no brand but great feedback: http://www.trademe.co.nz...er/auction-404014817.htm or a fisher f2?
What say you great minds?
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
rgmcbrid  
Posted : Sunday, 4 September 2011 2:10:24 PM(UTC)
rgmcbrid

Man

Was thanked: 180 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Well as the Fisher dealer near you I am going to say the F2 is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you would be crazy not to buy it. Although I have to admit I didn't even look at the other one...
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Sunday, 4 September 2011 2:59:16 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
After seeing my sons friend in action with his Fisher Goldbug and seeing his results I think that you couldnt go past them for value for money
chrischch  
Posted : Sunday, 4 September 2011 6:53:53 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Thank you guys, looks like Fisher f2 it is then :)...........until I can afford a gold bug or gold bug 2
kiwijw  
Posted : Sunday, 4 September 2011 8:10:54 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrischch Go to Quoted Post
I'm looking at spending around the $300 mark on an entry level detector for now before getting something better once ive found a few things. Would i be better off with this one that has no brand but great feedback: http://www.trademe.co.nz...er/auction-404014817.htm or a fisher f2?

Hi there, What are you hoping to detect for?? I would go the fisher any day than a Chinese no brand.

On another note.

Shane (Creamer), Why do you always thank people for their posts when a thanks doesnt seem relevant?? Just curious.

JW :)
chrischch  
Posted : Sunday, 4 September 2011 8:21:09 PM(UTC)
chrischch

I'm just relic/coin hunting for now but would like to have a go in the goldfields at a later date hence why i'm just getting a basic one for now and will upgrade when Ive got more disposable income to a gold machine. Ive decided on the f2 for now. Thanks for your input everybody. :)
1864hatter  
Posted : Sunday, 4 September 2011 8:22:32 PM(UTC)
1864hatter

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 566 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Perhaps he appreciates their converation? Note- I thanked you just for a laugh JW. Id like to hear creamers reason, not that its abad thing to do.

Thanks.

Hatter
And now....On sandy beaches and muddy soil, rings and coins await my coil!
cavey  
Posted : Sunday, 4 September 2011 10:48:05 PM(UTC)
cavey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
chrischch

I have the fisher f2 bought it of rgmcbird as he is the fisher agent and based in methven great reviews on line about it have used it a little bit aND seems to b great entry level detector just need to get out and use it more i was thinking like you buy entry level detector then in future upgrade to gold bug. Over all for the price great detector lots of fun. My two cents worth.

Stuart
tonznz  
Posted : Sunday, 11 September 2011 11:49:49 PM(UTC)
tonznz

Medals: Donation: Made a second donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you once again! :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 152 post(s)
Undoubtably creamer is just spreading the love. Thats a good thing.
crisyboy  
Posted : Monday, 12 September 2011 9:00:20 AM(UTC)
crisyboy

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 69 post(s)
good option go the f2.
as for creamer thanking everything
thats his biz.
i notice kiwijw you got not much good
to say lately try thanks instead of .......?
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Monday, 12 September 2011 9:46:24 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: tonznz Go to Quoted Post
Undoubtably creamer is just spreading the love. Thats a good thing.

He appears a really decent bloke to me and maybe he thanks people out of common courteousy, its his nature to be amiable and cordial I guess. We are all different, have different foibles and I guess we can have a smile at the foibles of others as they might have of ours - as long as they dont offend us personally. I know that I get a bit irritated at the comments of others in topics of no direct concern of mine and say absolutely nothing, or I find some long lengths of some thread topics boring and still say nothing - I only become involved if it affects me personally.
kiwijw  
Posted : Monday, 12 September 2011 9:01:44 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crisyboy Go to Quoted Post
i notice kiwijw you got not much good
to say lately try thanks instead of .......?

Oh really..........What hasnt been much good about what I have said in my last few posts???? I am sure there are some out there who may have taken an interest in the conversation. Sorry if they bore you & that you know all about the gold possibly deposited in to crevices by glaciers high up in the mountains or the other ways the gold got deposited there. Maybe you could share with us what you know or think.
My comment to Shane was not an attack on him, if you care to read it again, just an observation I made & asked him out of curiosity. Seems others chose to answer for him when I am sure he is quite able to speak for himself if he wishes to do so. He hasnt, so that is fine. No malace intended as I find Shane a great guy & have enjoyed his many posts that I have chosen to read. He is caught up in the excitement of his detecting & I know that feeling only too well & good on him & I wish him all the success. I would have liked to think that my contribution on posts I did on a few of the cheaper coin type detectors were of help to some who are intersted in that line of detecting. Having been there & done that.
I have to admit I havnt looked at any of the posts on the new page that Gavin started up on Other Treasures. That is my choice as that isnt my main interest. My interest is in the gold side of fossicking. Getting up into the hills & mountains. Or scratching around in the creeks & rivers. I dont get excited about coin detecting these days although I may go down the beach once every blue moon for a swing in the twilight of a beautiful calm evening & a nice moonlight night.
Bye the way.... Crisyboy.....I had made a couple of thanks.

JW

Eagle  
Posted : Monday, 12 September 2011 10:29:10 PM(UTC)
Eagle

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Good evening JW

Well said!!!!

It seems some people do not realise how much valuable info JW has given out from his many years out there doing it???

And as for the agressive old man who thinks he is some wise old man & likes to think he knows about everything & anything & thinks its either his way or no way.........as I have said before PULL YOUR HEAD IN!!!!!

Keep up the great posts JW

Eagle

Lammerlaw  
Posted : Monday, 12 September 2011 10:39:10 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Originally Posted by: Eagle Go to Quoted Post
Good evening JW

Well said!!!!

It seems some people do not realise how much valuable info JW has given out from his many years out there doing it???

And as for the agressive old man who thinks he is some wise old man & likes to think he knows about everything & anything & thinks its either his way or no way.........as I have said before PULL YOUR HEAD IN!!!!!

Keep up the great posts JW

Eagle

The following comment is what I would expect of a TOSSER and LOSER; -

'And as for the agressive old man who thinks he is some wise old man & likes to think he knows about everything & anything & thinks its either his way or no way.........as I have said before PULL YOUR HEAD IN!!!!!'

It is not me being the aggressive one - DOES HYPOCRISY RUN IN YOUR FAMILY? Only COWARDLY PEOPLE CHOSE TO MAKE ATTACKS ON OTHERS FROM BEHIND THE ANONYMITY OF A KEYBOARD.

COULD YOU PLEASE QUOTE MY STATEMENT THAT LEADS YOU TO MAKE THE CHILDISH, INANE AND IMMATURE COMMENT YOU HAVE MADE ABOVE

I for one am not an 'aggressive old man' unless I am crossed...I choose to mind my own business and not to comment unless others make statements which justify a response.

If your comment is in reply to the attempt of your mate up north to solicit your support against me when he made an entirely unjustifiable comment the other day in an entirely different thread then I would have thought that you would have been mature enough to keep your nose out of altercations which are of no concern of yours.

IF your comment is aimed at me then it is unfair, unjustified and thus It is clearly YOU WHO SHOULD PULL HIS HEAD IN rather than to tell others to do so...Please read ALL threads above and note well that my comment was a positive one and not the dig at JW or at Creamer both of whom I like and support.

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU TELL OTHERS TO PULL THEIR HEAD IN - NOW BE A GOOD BOY AND GO TAKE YOUR PILL and PULL YOUR OWN HEAD IN and dont be so childish as to have digs at others. If you havent taken your pill and want to be an obnoxious clown and make a fool of yourself go pick on someone else - you will note well that I do NOT DO have digs at others but I WILL RESPOND to those IMMATURE enough to have them at me.

AFTER YOUR UNJUSTIFIED TEMPER TANTRUM IN YOUR POST ABOVE I WOULD EXPECT AN APOLOGY AS A REREAD WILL SHOW YOU THAT I WAS NOT DESERVING OF IT - ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO APOLOGIZE (TRULY AN EAGLE) OR A COWARD WHO HIDES BEHIND A COMPUTER KEYBOARD (MERELY A SPARROW FART or better still a CHICKEN SHIT)?

Edited by user Saturday, 19 November 2011 9:23:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

overdog  
Posted : Monday, 12 September 2011 10:42:15 PM(UTC)
overdog

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Eagle-completely agree with you re JW-a good keen man and a font of incredibly useful info and knowledge.

Cant agree with the last but 1 line of your post tho-I thought we had settled this?
chrischch  
Posted : Tuesday, 13 September 2011 12:19:24 AM(UTC)
chrischch

Well gee maybe I shouldnt have started this thread lol
Personally I have learnt heaps from my short time here from both j.w. and lammerlaw. I have noticed little bits of bait and the resultant bite here and there but in this thread it does seem a bit uncalled for. It was a legitimate question to ask about the thank yous as I had actually wondered myself but put it down to him(Creamer) being a nice guy and making everyone feel welcome. Having his thanks on my first posts made me feel welcome. Thanks for that Creamer.
Anyway please keep posting J.W. and you too Lammerlaw, you both have interesting things to say and I enjoy learning.
madsonicboating  
Posted : Tuesday, 13 September 2011 2:01:35 AM(UTC)
madsonicboating

Man

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 127 post(s)
Well gee maybe I shouldnt have started this thread lol
Personally I have learnt heaps from my short time here from both j.w. and lammerlaw. I have noticed little bits of bait and the resultant bite here and there but in this thread it does seem a bit uncalled for. It was a legitimate question to ask about the thank yous as I had actually wondered myself but put it down to him(Creamer) being a nice guy and making everyone feel welcome. Having his thanks on my first posts made me feel welcome. Thanks for that Creamer.
Anyway please keep posting J.W. and you too Lammerlaw, you both have interesting things to say and I enjoy learning.

heheee I agree bro I reckon they all have useful info....bloody funny reading some times too which while at a low point I find it good to smile :)

Love to have you all in one room and on the piss somewhere it'd be shits n giggles till someone giggled and shit

I too have the fisher F2 but with the 11" dd coil which I love!! i havn't even unwrapped the original 8" coil but the machine has awesome fast recovery rate in loaded area's and in my case is a silver coin magnet. Only let down is the depth, don't expect huge deep holes...I just detected Chch on Sunday with a mate who has an E-trac and yep the more expensive machine is worth the extra money when you see how deep it'l suck a coin out of the ground!

Hahaa peace all you mad gold diggers :-D
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Tuesday, 13 September 2011 2:12:56 AM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
hahahaha except with the gold test eh dan..then the goldbug out did you both...lol...for depth...But it was a fun day out.

Edited by user Tuesday, 13 September 2011 2:13:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
creamer  
Posted : Tuesday, 13 September 2011 9:44:21 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)

Hey there chch. I recently purchased a Garrett Ace 350. 500 bucks. Didnt want to spend that sort of coin but i did and the hours of enjoyment ive got so far is priceless. Ive found trivial gold items only so far, all good, jewellry, money, met like minded folks to chat to, and gained something that all the family can enjoy and they do. So i basically bought something that was not to cheap, fairly mainstream, a visual discriminator and looks good to. It can be a bit of a sacrifice to spend such dollars but you will thank yourself later. Keep up the posts and happy hunting.
Now i havent read this page in a while and to be honest i had to have a bit of a chuckle to myself. But honestly come on guys, lighten up a bit. You are all cool and i like everyone on this forum equally regardless. Better to be talked about than not talked about i say.. lol. I dont have the time to read every post but i try. Those that i read i always thank. This way i can see which posts ive read and which ones i havent. The thankyou system works well for me. All posts deserve thankyous. See that was easy and i thank you all for your curiosity. Happy hunting to you all.
Now The garrett range is well recognised and im glad i bought the ace. Works extremely well, im thourally impressed. Please check out my page if you havent allready. Some pics there of my machine.

Shane
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
simon  
Posted : Tuesday, 13 September 2011 10:26:37 AM(UTC)
simon

Man

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Oh No. Not again. sometimes this forum is more a fishing forum - a lot a baiting and biting as someone mentioned above.

while i haven't been with the forum since day 1 i have been with it as long as i can remember.

so far i have met up and hit the rivers with gavin, hatter, and zimbo.

i have learnt loads from jw, lammerlaw, criticol (RIP), and co, and lo and behold, even new entrants. yep, everyone has something to teach others.

without the likes of the above people this site would not have the vast knowledge that it is. i try and stay out of all the shit but i try and follow all posts, even these ones that head off topic.

this shit is better than shortland street! i think someone else said that too a while back.

i'm looking forward to summer mining. anyone else?
2 Pages12>