New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages<1234>
jimmy bedrock  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 2:38:12 PM(UTC)
jimmy bedrock

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 104 post(s)
sports do f@#% up the public parks way more that metal detecting ever will...You don't see rugby players filling in there holes after a game.at least we try to clean up our mess afterwards. You think you would have something better to complain about living in Gore:)
jimmy bedrock attached the following image(s):
Untitled (640x316).jpg
andy  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 3:10:26 PM(UTC)
andy

Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
nation wide ban on sports next lol!
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
FossickFester  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 5:02:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Abusive post by gogold. You're a scavanger yourself, just scavanging for gold instead!
gogold  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 6:19:50 PM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jimmy bedrock Go to Quoted Post
sports do f@#% up the public parks way more that metal detecting ever will...You don't see rugby players filling in there holes after a game.at least we try to clean up our mess afterwards. You think you would have something better to complain about living in Gore:)

to be honest dude I care less about sport the detecting, running around a field grabbing men who have a ball then have a big gay shower at the end is not my cup of tea.

but in saying that sports is a totally different use of these places. its a group thing that provides entertainment for lots of others. I don't think you have hundreds of people on the sidelines or a grandstand full of spectators watching you dig a pull tab. im fairly sure sports clubs will make some sort of contribution or get access to funding to help maintain the fields.

its a good thing that only a muppets with detectors think they can just do whatever they want in these public areas. if everyone thought the same way theyd be completely fooked. youre all bunch of selfish c**ts.

jimmy bedrock  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 7:16:52 PM(UTC)
jimmy bedrock

New Zealand

guess you are against dredging on a claim on public/DOC land? selfish cunts?
jimmy bedrock attached the following image(s):
Untitled (484x342).jpg
sycotoad  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 7:18:47 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
see what happens when you expect a banjo & get a metal detector by mistake ;(

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
Djevel  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 7:21:51 PM(UTC)
Djevel

New Zealand

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Lol selfish c***s .. this coming from someone who goes out with the sole purpose of finding gold.. pretty self serving I think,, profit oriented and no benefits to anyone else but yourself.

Sure we dig holes but if not straight away but sooner or later the ground recovers and is back to normal.. a lot of detectors aren't doing it for profit infact how many of you on here are 'doing it for the money?' me personally I like to find old things and I learn a ton about history etc in the process. Sure there's the cleaning up mess argument too but it's pretty hypocritical of you gogold to tell everyone on here they're selfish when you're obviously cleaning places out to make gold/money.

Also why act so tough on the internet because you think detectors are below your superior 'gold fossicking' class? bet you that in person if you spoke to a few of us this way you would be back off to Gore with a few less teeth.. guess you'd fit right in then hmm?
2014 Finds
Rings - (2 gold) - (2 silver) - (2 junk)
Silver Coins - 25
FossickFester  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 7:45:08 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Djevel Go to Quoted Post
Lol selfish c***s .. this coming from someone who goes out with the sole purpose of finding gold.. pretty self serving I think,, profit oriented and no benefits to anyone else but yourself.

Sure we dig holes but if not straight away but sooner or later the ground recovers and is back to normal.. a lot of detectors aren't doing it for profit infact how many of you on here are 'doing it for the money?' me personally I like to find old things and I learn a ton about history etc in the process. Sure there's the cleaning up mess argument too but it's pretty hypocritical of you gogold to tell everyone on here they're selfish when you're obviously cleaning places out to make gold/money.

Also why act so tough on the internet because you think detectors are below your superior 'gold fossicking' class? bet you that in person if you spoke to a few of us this way you would be back off to Gore with a few less teeth.. guess you'd fit right in then hmm?

LOL, that's fricking funny djevel!!! I especially liked the last paragraph as i do both fossicking and detecting. hehehe, so does that mean i'm better than myself? (wait, don't answer that..) LOL

And Jimmy Bedrock, as the saying goes, "pictures say a thousand words" ya nailed it on the head man, well done. :)

Guardian  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 8:08:01 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Deep breathe.... I also had to curve a pretty direct response. I'm amazed that someone who does have some good posts can be so narrow minded and has only accomplished undermining themselves. I don't know if it was said to get a point accross or cause trouble either way it wasn't very well calculated and has no credability.

So it pretty much boils down to this....

Do we care what he thinks? Nope
Does he care about what we think? I doubt it.

So why waste anymore energy on this? It's just going to keep going in circles.

I'd rather save my energy for detecting!
gogold  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 8:12:21 PM(UTC)
gogold

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)

Ha funny thing is legit claim owners have full written permission/consent and have paid a good amount of $$$$ to doc as a bond and have a few mil in insurance.
what do you have you junk festerer? a detector and a few pennys and old 50c coins? well that aint gonna cover jack. ill tell you what id be completely fine with your hobby if you get written consent from all affected parties. so council sportsclubs any other organizations that your activity would affect, hell maybe even public notification with submissions. pay a 5-10 grand bond to the council ( because your not going to damage the place anyway so you will get it back minus any rehabilitation costs) o yea and go pay the cuzzi bros some money to sign your papers to let you go there. perhaps some public liability insurance cos hell youre in a public place you could injure a member of public, damage public property or you battery could malfunction and start a fire.

youre not comparing apples with apples mate, youre taking the focus away from ruining parks and reserves in the middle of a city because you know what you do is wrong.

ps. fishings been good lately plenty of bites, a few hook line and sinker :)

1864hatter  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 8:26:37 PM(UTC)
1864hatter

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 566 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Im going gold mining tomorrow, I hope that at the days end I can contribute something of value to this forum. Im also going to detect some old miners camps maybe find some more coins. Thats what this forum is about, not this pointless discussion that I am washing my hands of.
And now....On sandy beaches and muddy soil, rings and coins await my coil!
jafa  
Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 8:53:55 PM(UTC)
jafa

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Hi Guys some good entertainment reading through this post:) gogold must have some big kahunas ranting about detectorists on a what is now sadly pretty much a detector forum !
But you no gogold does have some pretty good points i remember some time ago when the forum was getting started and most guys going to parks ect would often comment on how they liked to keep a low profile and keep out of the public eye...and now look at what gets posted HEY WHOS UP FOR GROUP HUNTS ETC ETC yea not really the one infact aside from holes left in the parks that would have to be the other worst thing to do as far as getting a bad rap imagine an outsider looking in at a bunch of werdo guys walking around digging up the local park lol.
i think most of you guys going to parks have gotten far to comfortable with your selfs and will in the end probably ruin it even if you are being careful on how you dig your holes at the end of the day the public will be watching you and that is often enough to stir up trouble and that is a fact with lots of activity's not just detecting .
andy  
Posted : Saturday, 15 February 2014 12:21:35 AM(UTC)
andy

Australia

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 72 post(s)
at the end of the day the public has been watching the whole time and fuck alls been done about it because nobody really gives a shit except for uptight fuckers like yous!
ATpro
ACE250
GC1010
teknetics Eurotek Pro
jimmy bedrock  
Posted : Saturday, 15 February 2014 6:17:39 AM(UTC)
jimmy bedrock

New Zealand

We all dig holes looking for gold. good luck over the weekend hope everyone has a good time peace
sycotoad  
Posted : Sunday, 16 February 2014 10:44:50 AM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: gogold Go to Quoted Post

Ha funny thing is legit claim owners have full written permission/consent and have paid a good amount of $$$$ to doc as a bond and have a few mil in insurance.
what do you have you junk festerer? ..........................

Mate if you run your sluice as fast as you run your mouth you would be a rich man -

To answer your question "what do you have you junk festerer?"

Both the local councils & the police will tell you you dissalutioned little man the we 'the metal detectorist' have the law on our side and I welcome tools like you to try to stop me picking up after druggies around our public parks - Now until councils actually employ contractors to pick up the rubbish or at least ban alcohol consumption at these places, I will continue to contribute to society the best way I can -

Yes, this raised index finger is directed at you and your hysterical bleats - I will certainly make a point of telling the odd digger now what I think of them fukcing up our enviroment -

under the bedrock  
Posted : Monday, 17 February 2014 8:47:15 PM(UTC)
under the bedrock

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I stopped detecting parks out of courtesy to others,I felt it was rude of me to dig in everyones parks.

I still detect beaches and private places.

It wont be long before fines will be handed out when they click on to the possible revenue they can obtain from it.
sycotoad  
Posted : Tuesday, 18 February 2014 11:37:53 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

everyone has the right to contact the police if someone is causing damage to public parks - its an offence, so there's no need for councils to dream up more bullshite -

how many metal detectorists were prosecuted last year for damaging public parks???

how many drunks last year were prosecuted for damaging public parks???

yet picking up after drunks is seen by many as nothing more than selfish act vandalism ...... GO Figure

Erickd  
Posted : Tuesday, 2 September 2014 11:20:03 AM(UTC)
Erickd

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 695 time(s) in 297 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Reubin Go to Quoted Post
I walk my dogs regularly in Hagley and you don't have to look to hard to see the numerous round shallow plugs that are cut out all over North and South Hagley, this kills the grass roots, they dry out die and get thrown out by the mowers. Many holes show no effort what so ever at being filled and many more even have the metallic rubbish left beside them. The best plugs are the ones dug on three sides only and flipped out on the 4th side like a hinge, this leaves the grass roots intact. If you cant see where you have just recovered your target, you've done your job properly.

The worst offenders are those advertising there finds on line creating this mini rush to the park and organising group hunts.

Good point Hatter, why doesn't anyone go "Ape Shit" after a Rugby game?? Because the reality is after a couple of rains and mows most ground recovers pretty well. Maybe public/park hunting should be confined to the wetter months??

Totally agree, I go to Hagley and very careful where I hunt, and how I do my plugs, wont dig it if I know its really really deep, stay away from the golf area and cricket grounds.
As far as Rugby and sports on the fields, these clubs pay sub fees that go towards park up keeps.
I have only been detecting since June 2014 and love it, and annoys me to think other detectorists are wrecking the parks, after reading this forum a few months back im shit scared of going to Hagley during the day in case I get bailed up (doing nothing wrong) so I go at night, its peaceful and can concentrate on the sounds of the beeps...also who is it I see usually on a Sundays in little Hagley wearing a red jacket ? Keep meaning to stop and say hello.
Silver coins -400
Silver Jewellery/items - 22
Gold Jewellery/items - 7
Spendie $132.90
Fisher F75 & X-pointer
chrischch  
Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2014 3:09:36 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
This forum is still full of arguing I see.....a big reason why I left. Why do people who hate detecting and detectorists even bother reading the detecting posts if gold prospecting is their thing? Just to stir shit is my guess.
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
gavin  
Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2014 5:42:07 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrischch Go to Quoted Post
This forum is still full of arguing I see.....a big reason why I left. Why do people who hate detecting and detectorists even bother reading the detecting posts if gold prospecting is their thing? Just to stir shit is my guess.

No need to poke sticks and resurrect an 8 month old argument mate.

I'm playing with the idea of having 3 pages on the site for forums:
1) catch-all combined, as it is at the moment.
2) gold only - only gold topics show
3) detecting only - detecting only topics show

Then people can just hit the page that is their happy place ;)
4 Pages<1234>