New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages<1234>
number8wire  
Posted : Monday, 14 July 2014 3:29:58 PM(UTC)
number8wire

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 880 time(s) in 425 post(s)
Hi Guys,
Sorry I can't really add much to the counterfeit machine discussion but as the owner of a genuine T2se, I would have to say that it is easily the best relic and coinshooting machine I have ever had the pleasure of owning and running.
I bought mine through a reputable US dealer. Sure I had to pay import costs doing it that way but got all sorts of extra add-on freebies (leache and holster, t shirt, spare stem, 5" coil and coil cover) and paid less (around $200NZD less), fully imported ex the US, than I could by getting one from Oz with no freebies.
At the end of the day, as it has been said many times before.........if you want the genuine article, you go straight to the source. If it seems too good to be true...it probably is. The more hands it has to pass through, the more the risk you take...............just my two cents worth. :)

PS:- I really hope the scumsucker who sold the fake to you my friend, get's all that is coming his way. Hope he realises that Karma really can be a B*%TCH.

Edited by user Monday, 14 July 2014 4:03:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TEKNETICS T2 SE plus X-POINTER
Silver coins- 233
Other silver- 13
Gold- 1
Sovereigns-0
Spendies -$119.00
rumple  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:53:40 AM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)
As it turns out this piece of shit that sold me the counterfeit detector has a business down Christchurch that sells detectors and is an authorised agent for minelab. He is on this site selling product, and I will out his name , business name address. Also has other detectors on another trademe account.
Guardian  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 11:12:12 AM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
The plot thickens, will be interesting to read both sides.

Is it an attempt to slay Teknetics good name and push Minelab all the conspiracy theories *8^)

Also makes you wonder if the Minelabs he sells are real

Stick with Chris (MK) if your after Minelab I reckon!

Edited by user Wednesday, 30 July 2014 1:48:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gavin  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 1:45:16 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rumple Go to Quoted Post
As it turns out this piece of shit that sold me the counterfeit detector has a business down Christchurch that sells detectors and is an authorised agent for minelab. He is on this site selling product, and I will out his name , business name address. Also has other detectors on another trademe account.

Got my curiosity now!
rumple  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 5:53:10 PM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

He is a gutless coward, would enjoy posting my email thread between me and him.
David marsden
Skylab, Antigua street, Christchurch
[email protected]
Trademe member - qualitee and -meade1

Guardian  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 7:27:36 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

What relationship does he have with Skylab? Guessing by the Meade1 name pretty close.
A Shame I got my first goldpan from them back in the day.

Now I wonder if their Meade telescopes are real.... ok I'm going a bit overboard *8^)
rumple  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 7:44:20 PM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

He works at skylab, can't be sure if he's owner. If he's sold me this fake detector , I'd be interested to know what else is going out the door.
Few of Meade auctions look suspect.
It's hard to find someone in law and investigations to look into this but might of found an organisation that will follow through with it.
DMNZ  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 8:33:39 PM(UTC)
DMNZ

New Zealand

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 38 post(s)
How dodgy is that....He states in his trademe profile he has the minelab and coiltek distribution.
2014 (Rings Total Gold/Plat 101) 2015 (have not counted yet!)
goldhanded  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 8:49:03 PM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 19 post(s)
In the advertisment he stated he brought it to look for his wifes ring I believe,funny how he couldnt find it with any of the other untold detectors he sells,hmmmm Im detecting a dodgy dealer???,good on ya Rumple,I saw the pain you had to go through to get the result and Im pretty sure you will have at least saved one poor sod from getting ripped by this guy,hopefully a few.Sucks to think somebody is willing to take such a large amount of cash knowing full well they are not selling the real deal.Shame on him
DMNZ  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 9:03:42 PM(UTC)
DMNZ

New Zealand

Rumple. Should go ahead and post the email thread. He is still selling on trademe and has a current live auction. Or all forum members could bombard him with questions until such time returns your money!

Edited by user Wednesday, 30 July 2014 9:04:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

goldhanded  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 9:12:46 PM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Also hope you find yourself another detector soon mate!Has been a downer after all that initial excitement of getting the new machine and still you have nothing to show for it,THATS what sucks about this David guy!It isnt just the money!!!
What I am really hoping is that he is the dodger that was trying to sell the fake minelabs on trade-me a while back,Im sure everyone on here will remember that!Hopefully somebody can look into it if they have a bit of info,share it!!!Lets get rid of these pricks,I remember how pissed off everyone was so I suspect there was some investigation going into it from somebody?
gavin  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:37:44 PM(UTC)
gavin

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 535 time(s) in 287 post(s)
Perhaps you could contact Fair Go and see if it's something they'd like to cover?
rumple  
Posted : Wednesday, 30 July 2014 11:52:01 PM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

Thankyou to a member that has shared this with me. I was from a private email from a meade1 with the name David sharing the fact his detectors are fakes. What's the chances of this being the same meade1 David
kiwijw  
Posted : Thursday, 31 July 2014 5:39:22 AM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)

Back when you first posted this I started replying by saying, "Well that narrows it down to only one person." But then decided I didnt want to get involved, but this evidence is very damaging for him. In his defence he did state they were fake chinese copies but if he is a GENUINE authorised agent for minelab then he has no right what so ever of getting involved.....let alone aquiring & selling these fakes. That is as shamefull & dishonest as one can get. Not just for potential buyers sucked in to buying these fakes but his cheating & disloyalty to Minelab. I am sure Minelab would like to see this "evidence".
I have a few contacts across the ditch so will look in to his minelab agency & also send this line of posts to minelab, but before doing that I will also send this thread to this meads1 & give him the chance to come on here & explain/defend himself. I was thinking very seriously of getting the SDC-2300 off him but as there appears to be fakes of these I wont be getting one from him now.

Stay tuned.

Good luck out there

JW :)
DMNZ  
Posted : Thursday, 31 July 2014 7:29:18 AM(UTC)
DMNZ

New Zealand

I also was about to purchased a sdc. Till reading this. Given the evidence - they should not have a dealership at all. This David guy is not a company director (have looked at the NZ companies register) - but he does appear to be an employee. Will be interested to see if the minelab dealership application is in his name? Hello minelab - are you reading this and seeing the past posts here????
Guardian  
Posted : Thursday, 31 July 2014 8:57:21 AM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

At minimum Skylab should be made aware and should surely end his employment... Conflict of interest absolutely. How can his activities not be detrimental to Skylab even if simply guilty by association.
Times are tough and that may seem harsh but I feel more so for the people that work extremely hard to purchase equipment and to be taken for a ride is totally despicable.

Witch hunt.....no but people like this certainy need a fire under their rear end!
rumple  
Posted : Thursday, 31 July 2014 9:10:06 AM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

Kiwijw, the picture I added of the private email discussion has nothing to do with the detector I bought. I was another members dealing that I was asked to share. The detector I bought from David marsden was advertised as a teknetics and when I asked questions bout proof of purchase he dodged that question and stated he had bought it from kellyco to find his wife's ring.This was before I found out he sells detectors for a living. Kellyco has assured me it never came from there and to back it up teknetics contacted me saying it is counterfeit and tracked where it would have come from through serial numbers.
David marsden has said he won't engage with me, he has refunded my money and wants it back. He knows how I feel and what extent I will go to. He is 100% selling crap and who's he going to re-sale this teknetics to when he gets it back.
I would say to anyone, email this maggot and ask him to explain himself [email protected] , chances are he won't acknowledge email or fact of what he sold.
jafa  
Posted : Thursday, 31 July 2014 2:42:04 PM(UTC)
jafa

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Kiwijw, the picture I added of the private email discussion has nothing to do with the detector I bought. I was another members dealing that I was asked to share. The detector I bought from David marsden was advertised as a teknetics and when I asked questions bout proof of purchase he dodged that question and stated he had bought it from kellyco to find his wife's ring.This was before I found out he sells detectors for a living. Kellyco has assured me it never came from there and to back it up teknetics contacted me saying it is counterfeit and tracked where it would have come from through serial numbers.
David marsden has said he won't engage with me, he has refunded my money and wants it back. He knows how I feel and what extent I will go to. He is 100% selling crap and who's he going to re-sale this teknetics to when he gets it back.
I would say to anyone, email this maggot and ask him to explain himself [email protected] , chances are he won't acknowledge email or fact of what he sold.

At least you got your $ back.
Guardian  
Posted : Thursday, 31 July 2014 3:45:52 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

That's a very low key response from you Jafa - You always did have a way of adding a different perspective to things. Good to see you're still around *8^)

I agree, it is good you got your money back Rumple. Hope you will be able to get the real deal soon!

kiwijw  
Posted : Thursday, 31 July 2014 7:16:40 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
I put the question to David on his GPX 5000 trademe listing. Check his reply. http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=760052395
If he is or was selling counterfit detectors or is able & willing to source minelab copies on request, then that is huge conflict of interest with his minelab agency & that sucks. If any body wants to PM me to take this further...feel free.

Good luck out there

JW :)
4 Pages<1234>