New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages<1234>
rumple  
Posted : Friday, 1 August 2014 10:30:13 AM(UTC)
rumple

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thanks kiwijw for trademe link. My mate has also asked him on that auction about if he can supply serial numbers. David likes to dodge those type of questions. He didn't answer it , but he tried to say that everything he said in that teknetics auction was true. Iv got the proof how fake it was and how much crap he talks.
My mate that asked the question has also been with me when I open detector box and bidded on auction.
rumple  
Posted : Friday, 1 August 2014 10:33:15 AM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

sycotoad  
Posted : Saturday, 2 August 2014 2:21:25 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
It appears to me asides from ripping off the OP (great to see you got your money back) -

This trader needs to answer to the following companies

Minelab = if they are an authorized dealer, then this should be revoked because of their dealings with counterfeit gear - Especially offering customers the alternative to purchase counterfeit Minelabs -

First Texas = For knowingly selling counterfeit T2's in New Zealand

Kellyco = For clearly stating in their original advertisement on trademe that they purchased the counterfeit metal detector from them - this is indeed defamation of a business by implying Kellyco provided counterfeit equipment
http://www.trademe.co.nz...er/auction-746388353.htm

All this in the name of a fast buck - trust authorized dealers - sure cant

I will give it a couple of days then pass this info on to the appropriate people - This business needs to be held accountable for this behavior - I certainly wont recommend anyone to these tossa's
Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
Guardian  
Posted : Saturday, 2 August 2014 5:21:10 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Yip same director of the "distributor" (BLAXALL & STEVEN DISTRIBUTORS LIMITED) as Skylab Ltd, nothing wrong with that but something needs to be done about the employee. I doubt the distributor is going to stop supplying themselves though. I guess it gives them a certain amount of separation and the distributor can say well it was a re-sellers employee.

So the question is will Minelab do anything about it, or can they if technically it's another company not the distributor that's to blame.

Would be interesting to know our "Trusted" Minelab dealers perspective - possibly they have to deal with each other from time to time so you can't blame him for keeping his thoughts to himself.

Really Skylab is guilty by association, will that make a big difference to them? Probably not as I'm sure most of the members of this forum would not give Skylab a thought in the first place.

All that a side. If this fella had have been honest from the start this wouldn't have happened - simply he was out to make a buck.
rumple  
Posted : Monday, 4 August 2014 5:04:52 PM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

http://www.trademe.co.nz/760052395
He's still denying what is obviously true. Like it has been said teknetics don't make a t2+ which is written on detector that you sold me in big writing T2+ (also in auction photos) david. You've blacklisted anyone who will question you. You are active on paydirt , only smart thing you've done is stay quiet
Guardian  
Posted : Monday, 4 August 2014 5:24:41 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)

I think I have it figured. Obviously it's an innocent mistake and he got his Kelly co and Alibaba emails confuddled....NOT
gjj109  
Posted : Monday, 4 August 2014 10:14:53 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
For those that missed it, here are the questions and replies posted on the now closed Trade me auction for the Minelab GPX5000.

Sorry about the jumble, but you will probably get the drift.

Closed: Mon 4 Aug, 5:45 pm.
Questions and answers
Can you please post the serial number and put up a photo of the serial number as well. gjj (132 132 positive feedback) 9:33 pm, Wed 30 Jul
SEE MY OTHER ANSWER 9:20 am, Thu 31 Jul

Hi there David?? I suggest that you take a look at this line of posts, but I am sure that you are aware of it.....more so the second page & my comment, I wasnt going to get involved but seeing that bit of evidence I now am. http://www.paydirt.co.nz/forum
s/yaf_postst4126_Counterfeit-D
etectors.aspx#post35456 jw26 (1302 1302 positive feedback) 4:48 am, Thu 31 Jul
WE ARE THE NZ MINELAB DEALER AND MODEL HAS DIFFERENT NUMBERS YOU CAN CONTACT US FROM MINELABS WEBSITE OUR CONTACT DETAILS ARE O THE MINELAB SITE 9:20 am, Thu 31 Jul

Is it not possible to have the serial number for THIS metal detector that you are running the auction on? Obviously there are counterfeits out there, and this would be most appropriate way to seek assistance in ensuring this is a REAL piece of equipment as it seems above someone has been ripped pretty badly recently with a teknetics metal detector. Piece of mind that bidding on a genuine product would be good. Thanks :-) k.ticesgirl (144 144 positive feedback) 6:55 pm, Thu 31 Jul
that's all not true that person was wrong every thing they were told was true 9:10 am, Fri 1 Aug

Its like magic - you seem to have no problems answering questions here, yet avoid answering the questions on your counterfeit T2 metal detectors - If you are a genuine agent for Minelab expect a call from them & First Texas - what a shitty thing it is your doing ktodd (805 805 positive feedback) 11:58 am, Sat 2 Aug
every this you are saying is wrong if you really want to research look back at my feed back we have sold about 25 Kelly Co brand pin pointers on trade me also many other detectors from them and look at minelab .com.au and you will find our contact details as the NZ minelab dear 10:08 am, Mon 4 Aug

Not only have you been found to be a scummy counterfeit seller but it appears your a liar as well - Great business ethics - Here is what you claimed on your T2 advertisement [ "This high powered late model technology metal detector I bought from Kelly co in the USA it cost over $1000.00 you can look it up on there website I have only used it a few times and are really impressed with how sensitive and how easy to aye but I need to sell as I've got some big rates bills to pay" cont.... ktodd (805 805 positive feedback) 1:04 pm, Sat 2 Aug
You thing you know what you are talking about but you are Not correct 10:13 am, Mon 4 Aug

Perhaps you can let us know who it was at Kellyco who sold you this item - However I don't expect to hear anything from you at all - It appears you screwed up big time - Kellyco will also be in touch with you and your business - I am sure they will also be a little pissed at lying about them selling you the counterfeit equipment ......... ktodd (805 805 positive feedback) 1:09 pm, Sat 2 Aug
Kelly co contact us and send there specials PDF to us every month as we are on there mailing list our contact was " Chaymae Schimidt" 10:12 am, Mon 4 Aug

Hi you have offered me the GPX4800 which I was keen on but I am a little concerned about some of the comments on your auctions. Are these genuine and can you prove this? Dont want a chinese copy if that is what you are selling. Can you please let me know if you have some way of proving authenticity if i accept the offer. Thanks. val360 (111 111 positive feedback) 1:34 pm, Sun 3 Aug
we are the minelab dealer there is a lot of hard feeling out there about copies and there are some in the markets but we are the dealer you will get a genuine model if you by from us 10:14 am, Mon 4 Aug

Well that guy that brought Teknetic's of you David, that wasn't genuine. newheart (130 130 positive feedback) 12:48 pm, Mon 4 Aug
no he was incorrect 12:49 pm, Mon 4 Aug

I've looked at pay dirt site and it looks like this fake Teknetic's you sold is going big time on you, there seems to be lots of evidence against you, why not just take him through the courts as this seems to be right through the country and oversea's at present, it must be effecting your sales as one bad apple can rot the box. I'm coming down that way soon and if I could see a resolution to the bad sale then I might look at a purchase. newheart (130 130 positive feedback) 1:18 pm, Mon 4 Aug
that refers to a 1$ reserve auction and as the customer was not happy was given a full refund 2 1/2 weeks ago one of trade-me strengths is people can say what they like any body not happy with any purchase receives a full refund see my feed back and note we are in trade and all our customers are happy 2:24 pm, Mon 4 Aug

Teknetics doesn't make a T2+ model, like the one in your auction. Its a fake as I should know, I own a T2. newheart (130 130 positive feedback) 3:18 pm, Mon 4 Aug
DMNZ  
Posted : Monday, 4 August 2014 10:47:36 PM(UTC)
DMNZ

New Zealand

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 38 post(s)
the email offer of the Fake gpx 5000s from this guy should be forwarded to minelab asap. I spoke with him the other day (about another matter) and he said that he was buying stuff from kellyco as it was cheaper than from the normal distribution channel. He said some mine labs are make in Malaysia, others here, others there, hard to tell even if the real ones are real. Sounds like BS. The email of the offer of the 5000's is the "Smoking Gun" needed. I was and still am tempted to buy the SDC...but....is it real?
2014 (Rings Total Gold/Plat 101) 2015 (have not counted yet!)
rumple  
Posted : Thursday, 7 August 2014 3:10:14 AM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

So much for David's monthly emails from chaymae schimidt haha. Just a bit more proof of his dribble mouth answers on trademe. He is also saying I have put fake serial numbers on the detector. Some bodies about to lose there job and then some
goldhanded  
Posted : Thursday, 7 August 2014 1:18:19 PM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Hi all,
So the evidence mounts and I just want to say thanks to everybody that has been supporting Rumple so far,hes put a lot of work into chasing all of this up.Im hoping that one or some of you guys that have been in the hobby for quite awhile and perhaps have vested interest in getting rid of guys like David will step up and take the reigns on this issue,see it through and get a result.Its great that Rumple has done so much,but at the end of the day he is just the innocent guy that got ripped by a bogus dealer and I personally think it should be up to those in the industry to set an example and get busy cleaning up this type of thing,it is criminal that trade-me are blatanly letting this go on!They have been told time and again about this carry on but seem to be happy enough to let it go on.Its not good enough that this guy works for a legitimate distributor,why havent we heard from these guys?Surely they are aware of David by now and I am sure they are aware of the paydirt community.Its not good enough to remain silent!So anyway guys dont let this ride,if you have the means nesscesary,then use them,we are in the North Island so are restricted as far as going into skylabs and having a good chin wag with those fellows.If you have followed this up,please post what you have done and any results you may have,heres a good chance to set an example to those that think they can rip off their fellow countryman!

Cheers!

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to decieve
goldgrab2000  
Posted : Monday, 11 August 2014 1:11:25 PM(UTC)
goldgrab2000

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi all

I have recently bought a new minelab sdc 2300 from Skylab chch and hope like hell this is not a counterfeit, if it is I will be getting way more than just a refund...messing with the wrong person here lol.
I will be contacting minelab soon to verify s/n etc and will post the outcome.

Thanks guys.
goldgrab2000  
Posted : Monday, 11 August 2014 5:33:31 PM(UTC)
goldgrab2000

Man
New Zealand

Minelab just got back to me and said the serial numbers are all ok and the unit was listed as been sold to Blaxall and Stevens in chch, so looks like I'm in the clear. They also told me at this stage, being a new detector, the sdc has no reports of any counterfeit action.

Happy detecting guys.
goldhanded  
Posted : Monday, 11 August 2014 7:45:00 PM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Hello there Goldgrab,good to hear Minelab have got back to you so quickly,pity they havnt been as quick to follow up on this counterfeit con,although I do believe they will be doing so.I don't mean to be negative but as far as Skylab gos I would be very wary of buying any products they sell,just because the serial number is on there it dosnt mean that they have not swapped parts around or dodgy dealings to that effect.I have seen most of the communication between David Marsden and The paydirt member Rumple and I can assure you that David Marsden is an outright fraud and is not remorseful in any way shape or form,so I imagine he will be back to his same old tricks before to long,hey he's probly back to his same old tricks right now as we speak
.Anyway good luck with your new possession and I really do hope it's a genuine article.
rumple  
Posted : Monday, 11 August 2014 8:15:41 PM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

Could this be the same david?

Edited by user Monday, 11 August 2014 8:22:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sycotoad  
Posted : Tuesday, 12 August 2014 9:02:39 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: goldgrab2000 Go to Quoted Post
Minelab just got back to me and said the serial numbers are all ok and the unit was listed as been sold to Blaxall and Stevens in chch, so looks like I'm in the clear. They also told me at this stage, being a new detector, the sdc has no reports of any counterfeit action.

Happy detecting guys.

Latest Minelab Counterfeit prices - According to this thread you can pick one up at your local Minelab Dealer

Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack $500
Minelab X-Terra 305 metal detector $250
Minelab X-Terra 505 metal detector $300
Minelab X-Terra 705 Metal Detector $400
Minelab ctx3030 Metal Detector $1100
Minelab Safari Metal Detector $600
Minelab Sovereign GT Metal Detector $650
Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector $700
Minelab Explorer SE Pro $650
Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer $130
Minelab GPX5000 Metal Detector $2000
Minelab E-TRAC Metal Detector $700
Minelab GPX4800 Metal Detector $1700
Minelab SDC 2300 Gold Metal Detector $1500

It appears the authorized dealers believe the Chinese units to be as good as the units they are supposed to sell

goldgrab2000  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 August 2014 1:21:46 AM(UTC)
goldgrab2000

Man
New Zealand

Hey sycotoad

Could you let me know where you got these prices from..?

I would be very interested to know if there is counterfeit sdc2300's on the market and im sure minelab.au would be also

Thanks

rumple  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 August 2014 9:16:30 AM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

Hows this. He has never been treated so bad? David I havnt even started on you. I told you I'm that guy with to much time on my hands and told you to stop your bullshit. That little bit of bullshit feedback is fueling me more.
Proven 100% counterfeit if anyone wants the serial numbers, even though david says I put the fake numbers on it haha. He is still on here reading.

Happy to say I'm fostering baby male goat from spca and he been gifted the name David.
David the goat
goldhanded  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 August 2014 4:46:45 PM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Seriously?Now I'm getting wound up,this guy is unbelievable in the extreme.Blatantly sells a dodgy machine knowing full well that it's counterfeit and absolutly hopeless as far as being a practical detector,works for an authorise Minelab agent,so there is no excuse for not knowing what he was doing.Then he turns around and throws blame at his victim and also bad mouths him,it's truely criminal.At the moment I have nothing good to say so I will bite my tounge for now,but really this is the pits!Hang in there Rumple,justice will be served!
Shilo  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 August 2014 6:11:47 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: goldgrab2000 Go to Quoted Post
Hey sycotoad

Could you let me know where you got these prices from..?

I would be very interested to know if there is counterfeit sdc2300's on the market and im sure minelab.au would be also

Thanks

Just took a look at Alibaba where most of the fakes are marketed:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Minelab-SDC-2300-Gold-Metal-Detector_171405942.html
sycotoad  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 August 2014 9:14:59 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Thanks Shilo -

I spent 10 minutes asking a few different suppliers what units they have at what price - I got these back this afternoon, however I will not provide who the actual suppliers are -

They, as Shilo pointed out, are easy enough to find -

Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector...2000usd
Minelab GPX 4800 Metal Detector...1850usd
KTS GPA 1000, Under Ground Scanner......4000usd
KTS GPA 1000 - Version 2013 - 3d Metal Detectors...2000usd
Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector....700usd
Minelab CTX-3030 Standard-with Wireless Headphones Metal Detector...900usd
Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector...400USD
Garrett AT Pro Adventure Pack......400USD
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with Treasure Hound Eagle Eye.....800USD
Garrett GTP 1350 ......400USD
Garrett Infinium LS Metal Detector.......550USD
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack.......470usd
Minelab Eureka Gold Metal Detector....700usd
White's GMT Metal Detector....450USD
Fisher Gold Bug 2 Pro Metal Detector.....580USD
White's TM 808 Specialty....450USD
Nokta Golden King DPR Plus......1600usd
Nokta GoldenGate Plus 3D...1500usd
Nokta Golden King NGR Basic....1200usd
Nokta Velox One Metal Detector....570USD
Tesoro Lobo Metal Detector...370USD
OKM Black Hawk Basic Kit.....2000USD
OKM Black Hawk Complete Kit.......1500usd
OKM Black Hawk R3 Complete Kit....2000USD
Black Hawk Pulse Induction Metal Detector...1700USD
Teknetics T2 Special Edition.......500USD
Teknetics G2 Gold Metal Detector....600USD
Rover Deluxe New Edition - Only...... $3,700.00USD
Rover C II New Edition - Only......... $3700.00USD
Cobra Beach Magnet Metal Detector....200USD
Teknetics Omega 8000 Metal Detector.......500USD
Minelab PRO-SWING 45 Metal Detector Harness
Minelab E-TRAC Metal Detector.......70usd
Minelab Safari Metal Detector.......700USD
Minelab Safari Metal Detector Pro-Pack...900USD
Minelab X-TERRA 705 Dual Metal Detector....550USD
Minelab X-TERRA 305 Metal Detector.....170USD
Minelab X-TERRA 505 Metal Detector...370usd
Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector...2000usd
Minelab GPX 4800 Metal Detector...1850usd
KTS GPA 1000, Under Ground Scanner......4000usd
KTS GPA 1000 - Version 2013 - 3d Metal Detectors...2000usd
Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector....700usd
Minelab CTX-3030 Standard-with Wireless Headphones Metal Detector...900usd
Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector...400USD
Garrett AT Pro Adventure Pack......400USD
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with Treasure Hound Eagle Eye.....800USD
Garrett GTP 1350 ......400USD
Garrett Infinium LS Metal Detector.......550USD
Fisher Gold Bug 2 Pro Metal Detector.....580USD
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack.......470usd
Minelab Eureka Gold Metal Detector....700usd
White's GMT Metal Detector....450USD
White's TM 808 Specialty....450USD
Nokta Golden King DPR Plus......1600usd
Nokta GoldenGate Plus 3D...1500usd
Nokta Golden King NGR Basic....1200usd
Nokta Velox One Metal Detector....570USD
Tesoro Lobo Metal Detector...370USD
OKM Black Hawk Basic Kit.....2000USD
OKM Black Hawk Complete Kit.......1500usd
OKM Black Hawk R3 Complete Kit....2000USD
Black Hawk Pulse Induction Metal Detector...1700USD
Teknetics T2 Special Edition.......500USD
Teknetics G2 Gold Metal Detector....600USD
Rover Deluxe New Edition - Only...... $3,700.00USD
Rover C II New Edition - Only......... $3900.00USD
Cobra Beach Magnet Metal Detector....200USD
Teknetics Omega 8000 Metal Detector.......500USD
Minelab PRO-SWING 45 Metal Detector Harness
Minelab E-TRAC Metal Detector.......70usd
Minelab Safari Metal Detector.......700USD
Minelab Safari Metal Detector Pro-Pack...900USD
Minelab X-TERRA 705 Dual Metal Detector....550USD
Minelab X-TERRA 305 Metal Detector.....170USD
Minelab X-TERRA 505 Metal Detector...370usd

Sorry for the double ups

The above is from just one supplier -

I was also sent product & price lists from another 4 -

Now I am in no way promoting counterfeit gear however the only way Fisher/Minelabs and the likes can guarantee their customers that they can get a genuine product is by purchasing from an authorized dealer, As it now appears authorized dealers are also selling counterfeit units, then we as a customer have no safeguards at all - Personally I have been bringing this to the attention of the US manufacturers for quite some time. Well ever since they started clamping down on us purchasing from reputable US suppliers anyways - Yes there are ways around buying from the USA however I believe in this day and age we should be able to buy from the US direct ensuring the $$ are going back to the USA -

Another point of mention is this - Not all Chinese made gear is shite, so get that out of your heads - If that statement were true then western manufacturing would not be setting up in China now would it - Funny that - Your average joe blow has been told time and time again everything from China bad, yet a western corporations gets their stuff made there, put a label on it and because a western corporation now says its good, everybody wants one -

There are good things made in China, but its up to you to find them & when you do, you will know what I am talking about - Tanks ;)

4 Pages<1234>