New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages«<234
Metal Kiwi  
Posted : Wednesday, 13 August 2014 9:50:36 PM(UTC)
Metal Kiwi

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shilo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: goldgrab2000 Go to Quoted Post
Hey sycotoad

Could you let me know where you got these prices from..?

I would be very interested to know if there is counterfeit sdc2300's on the market and im sure minelab.au would be also

Thanks

Just took a look at Alibaba where most of the fakes are marketed:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Minelab-SDC-2300-Gold-Metal-Detector_171405942.html

Well at least you can easily tell the fakes from a real one as the detail around the knobs is different so I guess so is the circuitry.

MK

goldhanded  
Posted : Friday, 15 August 2014 12:28:56 PM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Hi All

Just a quick note to say WATCH THIS SPACE!!!,We have uncovered the JUICE! and as vigilant detectors we havnt got to the bottom of this hole yet!All will be revealed soon,in the meantime heres a link to keep you all entertained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxS-ICzjO6I

Cheers

gjj109  
Posted : Friday, 15 August 2014 8:24:25 PM(UTC)
gjj109

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Wow, this story is getting better and better. Building to a great climax and now accompanied by some great music too. Looking forward to the next development.
sycotoad  
Posted : Friday, 15 August 2014 9:35:19 PM(UTC)
sycotoad

New Zealand

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Originally Posted by: goldhanded Go to Quoted Post
Hi All

Just a quick note to say WATCH THIS SPACE!!!,We have uncovered the JUICE! and as vigilant detectors we havnt got to the bottom of this hole yet!All will be revealed soon,in the meantime heres a link to keep you all entertained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxS-ICzjO6I

Cheers

I see an authorized dealer has chimed in with their take on it -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwDDswGsJ60

cheers

Makro - Nokta - deteknix - GoldFinder
goldhanded  
Posted : Monday, 18 August 2014 1:13:43 AM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Ok,here is a breakdown of the story so far and the circumstances leading up to the discovery of David Marsdens dirty dealings.
You will see that there are dodgy Trade-me deals been done under the banner of Skylab.
I will atempt to keep it short and as informative as possible.
Please note that if you follow the info that I give here and look for yourself,you will realise that there is a lot of very dodgy stuff going on regarding David Marsden and his multitude of Trade-me profiles.

So first I have some screenshots of the original Trade-me auction for Teknectics T2 Metal Detector.
The sellers profile name is 'qualitee' <(bad guy)
The buyers name is 'i00dork' <(good guy)

The Questions and answers

So you will have seen that the answers were dodged around,this is the first point of suspicious activity regarding the trade.The detector showed up and it was soon discovered that it was not a genuine Teknetics T2 from Kellyco.The detector that arrived was a Teknetics T2+ and it was an absolute fake/counterfeit rip off.I believe 'i00dork' then tryed to contact 'qualitee' immediatly and was unsuccessful,this continued for days until 'i00dork' decided to start pushing some buttons,Trade-me/police/minelab/kellyco/paydirt.
So the next screenshot is the email from David/qualitee once he had got notice from trade-me that there was a problem.

At this point i00dork was content to get his money returned,yet concerned that another person may fall victim to David and that something just didnt sit well with us,why was he still so adament that his counterfeit was genuine?So a little digging was done and the next email is in regards to the return address of the detector,note we have put Skylab and David together in this email and David admits he works at Skylab and also make note of the home address!It reads from bottom to top.

So David works in a shop that sell metal detectors yet he cant tell the difference between a very nasty fake and a genuine detector?Well well well tut tut tut,I think we have a dodgy dealer here!Not only that,he is an arrogant bugger as well,time to start digging a little deeper we thought.
The next screenshot is of another Teknetics T2 auction a year before on June the 4th 2013.If you simply google 'Teknetics T2 Trade-me' this is one of the top search results,try it and see for yourselves.

Now if you look at the bottom of the page at the profile name of the seller,you will see that his name is 'David12'
Hmmm isnt that a coincidence I thought,I checked his profile and it was David from Christchurch,another coincidence,so I checked his other listings and he was selling a fork.
The next screenshot is the fork advert,please note the pick up address

Very similar to David Marsdens address from the earlier email,coincidence?Heres the other email just to refresh the mind

Right so its time to get out the Pinpointer.

So we now have 3 Trade-me accounts under Davids name,under the 'qualitee' correspondence/email he has admitted he works for Skylab and given his postal address as Bowenvale Ave Christchurch and the address for 'David12 is also Bowenvale Ave Christchurch.
But thats only 2 you say?No it is 3

1. qualitee - under the name of David from Christchurch - the account the T2 fake was sold to i00dork
2. David12 - under the name David from Christchurch - selling a T2 the year before and same address as 'qualitee'
3. Meade1 - under the name David from Christchurch and selling Metal Detectors out of the Skylab shop that David Marsden works at.

I decide to have a look into the feedback on these profiles and this is were it steps up a notch.
The following are JUST SOME of the trades between David12 and meade1.
Please go and check these out for yourselves,this is a clear cut case of SHILL BIDDING!
As described by Trade-me:

It is assumed that members of the same household or close friends would purchase goods off each other outside of the Trade Me auction process. Hence bidding by family members, flatmates or friends is considered "shill bidding" and is in breach of our terms and conditions. Re: section 4.2 of the Trade Me terms and conditions "You shall not manipulate prices through ghost-bidding or assuming multiple roles in a single transaction."

If you look into this you will see he has been doing this for years,selling himself concrete mixers,telescope carriers and even a walking stick for a 'charity' called 'project Esther' funny though as David12 sells meade1 a walking stick and then meade1 sells it back to David12,this also happens in other auctions.Imagine how many times this guy has up'd the bids on unsuspecting buyers,also please note the sickening feedback this arrogant prat gives himself!What a total spanker.
These are some screenshots of David12 and meade1 Trade-me auctions

As I said please check this out for yourselves,its pretty concrete evidence that this guy David Marsden is out here in our coummunity ripping off anybody he can and he has been doing it for years!Also some of the negative feedback from other buyers say's it all.

So finally a note to David as we know full well he is watching and reading this thread,

David you fool,your arrogance will be your downfall,please remember that your reign as a Trade-me Con artist Mastermind was brought to an end by a guy called 'i00dork' one of the good guys!Expect communication from the powers that be in the near future and please note that had you been a bit more polite in your feedback to 'i00dork' then this may not have been taken so far,so its your own stupid fault you arrogant prick,how do's it feel?

This is a screenshot of Davids/qualitee feedback to i00dork

Well thanks for your time everyone,there may be further developments yet,but in the meantime I would hope we have put across a good enough case so that all of our fellow treasure hunters here on paydirt will steer way clear of David Marsden and (his little shop of horrors) Skylab!

Il end this with a little theme music for David as I believe he is officially now in Dire Straits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeqosQ3QebE

Cheers All,hope you enjoyed

Grizzle  
Posted : Monday, 18 August 2014 1:40:03 AM(UTC)
Grizzle

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
nice work!.. (you that is - not the con man... he should be castrated with the excess skin left over used to provide free water proof coil covers for his metal detectors!)
oroplata  
Posted : Monday, 18 August 2014 3:01:31 AM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)

Good work!

This guy really needs the book thrown at him.

http://www.comcom.govt.n...ying-and-selling-online/

Quote:

Shill Bidding

Under the Fair Trading Act a vendor or seller is only allowed to bid on their own online auction or get someone to bid for them where:

- the online auction has a reserve price
- the vendor bid is below the reserve price
- the bid is clearly identified at the time it is made as a vendor bid.

If a vendor or seller bids in any other circumstances this is illegal under the Fair Trading Act as it misleads genuine bidders about the price. This illegal practice is referred to as “shill-bidding”.

Example
An Auckland car dealer used 20 different Trade Me memberships to place bids on 530 of its own $1 reserve online auctions, in order to artificially raise the price of the cars it was selling. The dealer was prosecuted and fined, as well as having already paid compensation to affected customers.

http://www.comcom.govt.n...t/online-complaint-form/

rumple  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 August 2014 3:21:39 PM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)

But wait there's more. For giggles I hired a private investigator. David marsdens qualitee account isn't even his to be using. It was an account set up by John Garlick shortly after he started at blaxall steven distributors ltd in 2003. Years ago they changed from user name qualitee to user name meade1. John Garlick left Blaxall Stevens 4 years ago and recently David Marsden started re-using this account as his own.
But wait there's more, david has 6 trademe accounts connecting to him that are TRACEABLE ,2 have never had activity on them , they may have been set up to use now that he's been outed as a fraud and a goat. Would like to know if there's anymore that can be connected to him. But wait iv only just started on this prick. Because of legal reasons I can't give all the info, don't want Mr david the goat to see what's coming.
Trademe is also being held accountable for letting this prick carry on this way. They have had alot of this info for some time and as far as I can see have done nothing. The bombs coming ; )

Stay vigilant friends ;)

Edited by user Tuesday, 19 August 2014 3:58:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Guardian  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 August 2014 5:11:23 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Note to self - don't peeve off Rumple *8^)
rumple  
Posted : Tuesday, 19 August 2014 6:07:04 PM(UTC)
rumple

New Zealand

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)
http://youtu.be/byNLoLPz-_k
Haha, note to the goat marsden, listening is the least they can do.

Edited by user Tuesday, 19 August 2014 6:12:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

goldhanded  
Posted : Wednesday, 20 August 2014 8:29:16 PM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Meade1 aka Dodgy David has relisted a Minelab?
Is this guy still a reputable Minelab dealer?If so how?If so why?
I think it's about time we had some feedback from Minelab,I would suggest boycotting Meade1/Skylab products and if this is going to continue I would suggest Minelab (although I would doubt many would agree to that)
I also would have thought trade me would have locked this trader as he had been proven without a doubt to be acting in A devious manner.Perhaps it's because they have made a lot of coin from his many trades and it would therefore put them into a position of guilt.Its reallh interesting because according to their own rules,David and his multitude of profiles is actually breaking the rules yet being left alone to continue to trade,I know that I have informed them of his dealings,also Rumple on more than one occasion and also some other paydirt members.I suppose they also believe they are beyond reproach.
kiwijw  
Posted : Sunday, 21 September 2014 7:49:56 PM(UTC)
kiwijw

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Hi Guys, I see I have been blacklisted by Meade 1 on trademe....anyone else?? Seems a bit strange to me as all I did was make him aware of this line of posts (as if he wasnt already) I didnt attack him personaly about the goings on. I did email Minelab as well to & make them aware of this post & Davids supposed antics & left it up to Minelab to make up their own mind as to what action they take. I wonder if they made Meade 1 aware that I had contacted them?? Oh well....he misses out on an SDC 2300 sale & I will go to DetectNZ instead.

Good luck out there

JW :)
goldhanded  
Posted : Sunday, 21 September 2014 8:20:32 PM(UTC)
goldhanded

Man
New Zealand

Hi kiwijw, Yes I asked him if they were minelab dealers,but didnt get an answer.Havnt bothered to do much else over the last few weeks,was kind of hoping that we would of heard something from either Trade-me or Minelab by now as far as apoligies or thanks.I suppose that its just not an issue for them.I know Rumple has been working in the bush and havnt heard from him as to whether there has been any more developments.I would just suggest that your experiance proberly speaks for itself,Id definatly buy from somewhere else after what Iv seen haha,Cheers JW
4 Pages«<234