New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

4 Pages«<234
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Sunday, 28 August 2011 11:48:05 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 329 post(s)
thank you gavin i hope it works also...i really hate that this post has gone on for so long but i for one never back down from a good dispute and i think both sides were right in there own ways..hope we can all be one big happy forum again because it is a great forum.

Edited by user Monday, 29 August 2011 9:50:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chris - Fisher Dealer http://www.puiakisupply.co.nz/
kiwisouth  
Posted : Monday, 29 August 2011 1:34:25 PM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Gidday Gav and fellow fossickers

This forum is pretty much like watching TV, radio, or going to the movies. YOU make a choice as to what you want to watch or listen to, just the same as what part of the forum you want to go to. If you don't want to read about general metal detecting, then don't open that forum. I elect not to read about "heavy equipment" as I don't have any and will never be able to afford any.

As I love to fossick for gold, I read most of the topics that appear. I also own a Minelab Quattro detector (which is rubbish for gold) and love getting out when I can and I read the posts that my fellow detectorist put in.

So please Gav, fill your boots. I think if you do add a section for detectorists, you will still have the majority of us coming on board to read the posts. If we had a separate site just for detecting, then there is the possibility that we lose some of our members from this site.

This site has evolved, the membership has grown and we have had some great discussion. Please don't let this become a "Us and them" site. If you have the functionality Gav, I think you should use it. What's the worst that can happen?

Cheers

Dave
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Monday, 29 August 2011 1:52:25 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

hahaha allready done Dave..and we all a happy forum again..lol
kiwisouth  
Posted : Monday, 29 August 2011 2:12:15 PM(UTC)
kiwisouth

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Blooooody typical
Nulli Illigitimi Carborundum
starflash  
Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2011 11:19:10 AM(UTC)
starflash

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)
nice finds gingerbreadman, awsome to see that bag, im very gealous.
i thought this was a gold forum like kiwijw and eagle and others, but it is a good thing for gavin to have more people using the site, more hits more advertising more dollars!, so relunctantly we should give them there own area on the site, say "coin and trash heads corner" what you think about that eagle? hahahaha

maybe there is a need for a special place for someone on this forum, no names.. but could be titled, "the latest wisdom rantings form Lord Know It All"

lots of lol lol lol lols
Starflash
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2011 11:27:17 AM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

and maybe you need to be kicked off the site because you are nothing but a punk trubble maker.
starflash  
Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2011 11:29:48 AM(UTC)
starflash

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)
ohh poohbear, your so serious all the time

try and have a laugh you might find it tickles you right where you itch
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2011 11:33:11 AM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

nothing funny about someone calling you trash head...or offened our friends like as if we dont know who you are talking about when you say lord know it all...

comments like those arnt needed nor are they funny.
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2011 11:39:36 AM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Originally Posted by: starflash Go to Quoted Post
nice finds gingerbreadman, awsome to see that bag, im very gealous.
i thought this was a gold forum like kiwijw and eagle and others, but it is a good thing for gavin to have more people using the site, more hits more advertising more dollars!, so relunctantly we should give them there own area on the site, say "coin and trash heads corner" what you think about that eagle? hahahaha

maybe there is a need for a special place for someone on this forum, no names.. but could be titled, "the latest wisdom rantings form Lord Know It All"

lots of lol lol lol lols
Starflash

The Sanctimonious stargazer with the toxic tongue still throwing his toys out of the sandpit I see. Must be time for you to take your pill again.

Well we all know to whom you refer Starfish - I am a little more honest than that - I just come straight out with whoever I am thinking about...I am sure that Gavin can give you your own personal place for your twaddle any time you wish to request it starfish - personally I think the past is the past and any person who wishes to raise it is not worthy of a place on any forum - life goes ahead but I guess many people tend to be a little backward.

I am sure that those who know me can understand why I am reluctant to participate on the forum when we have such people who make comments like this individuals - jealousy does strange things to people especially conceited people...as is evident by the comments you make.

Edited by user Tuesday, 30 August 2011 2:53:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

madsonicboating  
Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2011 7:34:45 PM(UTC)
madsonicboating

Man

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 127 post(s)
lol haha lol haHa

Yep, sorry gentlemen (or is that gentle boys judging by the comments and behaviour) but this particular forum has indeed shown some true hometruths about people, their attitudes and generalness.

Is very funny to read through.

best of hunting/fossicking luck to you all :)

Dan
x-terra steve  
Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2011 8:22:35 PM(UTC)
x-terra steve

Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Nice words Hatter,
me to will wave the white flag!,we as a collective group have a good site up running,if i have upset any of you in replys to PM or this fourm,sorry.
Lammerlaw good to see you back
Heading back to Nelson early next year to dredge and find some part time work.
Take care out there
Steve
Wasi  
Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2011 8:50:24 PM(UTC)
Wasi

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I for one would like to see a Detecting page. The more info I can glean from the people here with vast experience in detecting for gold the better, a detector is just another tool? However I think that maybe treasure hunting ( coins and rings etc ) is probably a little off the real target for a "Gold Fossicking Forum" and would be more suited to its own forum.
nzpoohbear40  
Posted : Tuesday, 30 August 2011 9:05:52 PM(UTC)
nzpoohbear40

Man
New Zealand

hahaha didnt you read the whole thing on this last page 4 of this thread..it has allready been sorted...the new section is called OTHER TREASURES..good luck with your gold hunt with detector..i know rgmcbrid is heading down southland this week and is going to test out the Fisher F75 on some gold hunting..will see how he goes .
exkiwi123  
Posted : Tuesday, 6 September 2011 9:46:38 PM(UTC)
exkiwi123

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
i think everyone is on the rigtht track new items have to be disscusted no1 mineing 2 detecting 3 river sluices 4 gems 5 areas that have have not been looked at before ///haast pass up the west coast it is some wild country down at BIG BAY or MARTINS BAY you can either walk or fly by float plane was in there in 70s 2 people only both after white bait i have had to help old joe mackinlley lift his traps from in the water so they would not collaspe that how much white bait was one the run thay evenairlifed the white bait out buy a cesser 180 float plane out of MARTIN BAY more stories later about luggate central otago
4 Pages«<234