New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

7 Pages«<567
cavey  
Posted : Friday, 8 November 2013 9:10:11 PM(UTC)
cavey

Groups: Registered
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nafcd Go to Quoted Post
are you going for the weekend or a day trip. not planning it for show weekend are you. I bet it will be busy.

Yeah if weather looks good for show weekend will be of to the coast yeah no doubt there be a few people about but worth a look not sure where I will head to yet Goldsborough or maybe slab hut
cavey  
Posted : Monday, 2 December 2013 8:33:00 PM(UTC)
cavey

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi

Did any body that go to the get to gether at springs junction take any photos. I had a great day there but forgot to take the bloody camera.

Stu
mahutaman  
Posted : Tuesday, 3 December 2013 11:38:51 PM(UTC)
mahutaman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hey guys, Been a crazy month or so with work and whanau. Haven't really had the time for computers let alone getting out fossicking. Thought it has well overdue to log back on!

I would first and foremost like to thank everyone for a fun filled labour weekend. (regardless of the shyte weather!) Cheers to KiwiKeith for taking the time out to show us around and share a quality yarn with. Also like to thank Natalia for organising the weekend, Cheers for the company, hope your whanau survived without you for all that time!!

After all my chaos I have an exciting couple of weeks to come. Heading up to Westport on Thursday for my first time. Got to go up for work, but will be done by about 2 pm so taking my sluice and pan and hope to find somewhere to park up for the afternoon. A few hours out is better than none! We then drive back down through Punakaiki to Greymouth on Friday for about an hours worth of work, then back to Chch through Arthers pass. Wow I love driving around the coast, it has some of the best scenery in the south island.

Then Next Friday packing up the wife and kids and heading to stay in Paroa just south of Greymouth, for 3 days. Old mate of mine has been in oz for the past 4 years, whisking him and his whanau away when he gets here. I plan to take him and his kids out for a day of sluicing over that weekend. (passing on the fever! haha) Think we will head to Goldsborough, found a little bit each time I have been there. Any other suggestions close by?

If anyone has any ideas on a close to westport location that I could sluice for a few hours on Thursday, it would be much appreciated too?

I have just seen a few posts this afternoon regarding photos from labour weekend. I think I may have been the one that everyone has been asking about...The keeper of maybe the only pics of that weekend!!!! Sorry guys and gals for holding out on ya. I only took a few due to the weather and I got a cool little movie clip from when we all set up on the river after our first walk with Kiwikeith. (I will post it on youtube after work, doesn't seem to want to upload in paydirt) Thanks again everyone, hope we can organise another trip in the early new year.

Happy hunting,

Tane.

Edited by user Wednesday, 4 December 2013 7:10:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mahutaman  
Posted : Wednesday, 4 December 2013 3:10:03 PM(UTC)
mahutaman

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Here is a short little clip of our trip to springs junction as promised.

http://youtu.be/ZJhN0OK-JtI
7 Pages«<567