New Zealand Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Forums Archive

The forum has moved to community.paydirt.co.nz, see you there!

This forum is now an archive to preserve the knowledge and finds posted here.

6 Pages<1234>»
Shilo  
Posted : Friday, 3 February 2012 9:51:45 PM(UTC)
Shilo

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Suppose the saying is correct: "Gold is where you find it" and applies to all it forms! :)

Just back from finding 14 gold coins myself - unfortunately they were only gold coloured and made from Aluminium/bronze. Oh well, I can't wait for some good storms to hit to clear the beaches of sand.
creamer  
Posted : Sunday, 5 February 2012 9:21:11 AM(UTC)
creamer

Medals: Donation: Made a donation helping cover the running costs of the site - thank you :)

Man

Was thanked: 525 time(s) in 391 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shilo Go to Quoted Post
Suppose the saying is correct: "Gold is where you find it" and applies to all it forms! :)

Just back from finding 14 gold coins myself - unfortunately they were only gold coloured and made from Aluminium/bronze. Oh well, I can't wait for some good storms to hit to clear the beaches of sand.

Hi Shilo. Dig those GOLD stories. Seems that sovereigns gets everyone excited. Everytime i find a goldie now i invision it being a sovn. Im sure a sovn is thinner than a goldie, i dont know ive never seen one but i hope too soon..hopefully, wishful thinking.
I like lammerlaws ideas on places to go. We both think alike there as they are the places i want to get to. This particular area i guess is sensitive and we have waitangi celebrations on here at present. Digging up some of these ares without proper knowledge or courtesy (or at all..) would almost certainly put you in situations that.. well, you guess..
Me and bro have had many a laugh over the possibilities and the not so laughable. We have only been to a couple of short boat ramp spots near these type of ares.
Paihia beach is where i hear of any detectors being used. Very cool public beach. Ive buzzed there but it gets done over regularly i think.
Might take us too russell today, check out there boatramp..if you know wot i mean. Go for GOLD.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Thursday, 9 February 2012 3:40:02 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

...somedays are diamonds, somedays are stones...

Edited by user Thursday, 9 February 2012 3:44:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Thursday, 9 February 2012 3:43:25 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Headin to GOLD sovn central this weekend with lady di. An overnighter (car, tent, metal detector) on an exploritory mission. Comin home with GOLD is the plan, any GOLD.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Lammerlaw  
Posted : Thursday, 9 February 2012 4:47:55 PM(UTC)
Lammerlaw

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 396 post(s)
Originally Posted by: creamer Go to Quoted Post
Headin to GOLD sovn central this weekend with lady di. An overnighter (car, tent, metal detector) on an exploritory mission. Comin home with GOLD is the plan, any GOLD.

That seemed sorta garbled so wheres South? The word Central was in there somewhere and that infers Central Otago but you live too far away so you wither have a fast car or theres another Central?
creamer  
Posted : Thursday, 9 February 2012 5:56:45 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

...hmmm, Gold central, well you tell me. Central (being central to where i live ) to me is the bay of islands. You know where, that old time place you mentioned.

Edited by user Thursday, 9 February 2012 6:05:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Thursday, 9 February 2012 6:15:17 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Spoke to a guy yesterday who seen a ''meteorite'' crash thru the trees many a year ago. He now wants to go searching for it and wants me to get him a detector to help find it.. I wanna go look too and i hope he takes me as its all a bit secretive now that he knows its worth money.
Just had a chat with Rgmsbrid for some help with a detector, cheers man. He recomended a F75 with a 15 inch coil.
This person has actually seen two meteorites land in his lifetime.

Ive 99% talked him into lettin me recover this treasure with him, im sworn too secrecy, too much, hope that he trusts me enough to do this mission with him, im keen as, will be a tough one. i cant give you any details but at least im mentioning it.
Go for GOLD.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Guardian  
Posted : Thursday, 9 February 2012 8:07:21 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 185 post(s)
~jittery~ Best be secret squirrel, you never know who is watching (someone else mentioned there always seems a lot of 'guests' on here) people lurking in the shadows, paranoia is good, helps you cover all bases! ~rant over~

Sounds like a very interesting exercise Shane, obviously you're excited about it and I guess really not that many of us get an opportunity like that! Probably a good idea to secure it as much as possible after recent media coverage.

creamer  
Posted : Friday, 10 February 2012 12:19:17 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

For sure Guardian. In a real world id like to tell everyone where ive been and wot im up too. But like you say we have to tread with caution sometimes. Even tho im doing nothing wrong there are those out there who might think differant. If we start diggin up historic towns/places then something is bound to give.. my problem is i cant keep quiet, especially after 5 or 6 VB's (victoria bitter).
There are those out there who do keep quiet. They are the 100 or so hits i get every time i post. Who are you guys, break out with a comment or a thanks from time to time. I know your lookin so ill just keep postin.
No big deal i guess, im heading to russell this weekend to have a look around. Should be fun, havent been there in a while, half hour drive then the ferry trip. This town used to be called the hellhole of the pacific. It was the first trading post here in NZ. This is where we sold our souls many a year back but we wont go there. Too late, already did... If theres a GOLD sovn anywhere it will be here. Yum...GOLD
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
chrischch  
Posted : Friday, 10 February 2012 2:49:23 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Good luck on finding that elusive sovereign Shane.....and the mystery meteorite. Love that program about the guys finding them all over the place. Australia last week. They get good money too. They were talking about tektites last week and we happen to have one for sale on Trademe (oops appears to be sold now). Was quite interesting.
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
mineforgold.co.nz  
Posted : Friday, 10 February 2012 5:16:05 PM(UTC)
mineforgold.co.nz

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I'll be over with a pack of VB's to see what I can learn.
Own: Lobo SuperTraq, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Excalibur
creamer  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 6:49:13 AM(UTC)
creamer

Man

All Gold is indesructable. Even Gold from ancient times.

450 000 years ago, ancient aliens came to earth to mine for GOLD. They mined here for thousands of years leaving big lines/marks on the earths surface which can be better seen from the air. Why did they leave? Because they had advanced knowledge of catoclismic events that were to take place here.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 7:06:34 AM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Originally Posted by: mineforgold.co.nz Go to Quoted Post
I'll be over with a pack of VB's to see what I can learn.

Anytime Mineforgold. I can show you how to do one of my famous 6 pack posts...
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
creamer  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 7:15:09 AM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Originally Posted by: chrischch Go to Quoted Post
Good luck on finding that elusive sovereign Shane.....and the mystery meteorite. Love that program about the guys finding them all over the place. Australia last week. They get good money too. They were talking about tektites last week and we happen to have one for sale on Trademe (oops appears to be sold now). Was quite interesting.

Meteorite men is a choice show. I like the way one of them says 'Wow' everytime he makes a find. I do the same thing when i make a cool find, 'wow, look at that, wow', so my other half says.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
oroplata  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 3:24:36 PM(UTC)
oroplata

Groups: Registered, Moderators

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 152 post(s)
All Gold is indesructable. Even Gold from ancient times.

450 000 years ago, ancient aliens came to earth to mine for GOLD. They mined here for thousands of years leaving big lines/marks on the earths surface which can be better seen from the air. Why did they leave? Because they had advanced knowledge of catoclismic events that were to take place here.

It's called Fukushima. Those bastards have been pumping thousands of gallons of highly radioactive water into the pacific every day for nearly a year.

Govt's are keeping quiet about it as they know it will be the end of the nuclear industry (who are big campaign contributors).

chrischch  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 3:48:09 PM(UTC)
chrischch

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Yeah i noticed we never hear anything about it anymore on the news.
Fisher Goldbug Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Propointer.
Guardian  
Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 4:20:40 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

That's what worries me most, what mess are we leaving for our kids, not to mention the changes we are going to see in our own lifetimes. Makes you think those guys who are buying up weapons and supplies waiting for something to happen aren't to far off the mark.
creamer  
Posted : Monday, 13 February 2012 6:35:59 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Here i was thinkin that i was a nut case talking about ancient discoverers mining for GOLD from other worlds and you guys are on other planets too... all good, im saving the planet with ya's. Here you all loud and clear, nice one, dig your imput.
I saw this ancient info on sky the other night (ancient aliens), dig that show, anything on history i love. Time Team, Meteorite Men, Antiques Roadshow, Ancient Aliens. Theres treasures in all of them and GOLD.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
Guardian  
Posted : Monday, 13 February 2012 7:55:17 PM(UTC)
Guardian

Man
New Zealand

Aliens oh yes, I just thought someone had slipped you some VB's to get that site info outta ya!

creamer  
Posted : Wednesday, 15 February 2012 3:35:45 PM(UTC)
creamer

Man

Definately seen more history than we expected at russell... Drove up to this historical spot, pulled into the carpark and wo, fully witnessed these two at it in the back of their car. It happens... Ya have to laugh. We contemplatecd the idea ourselves but didnt get around to it... Nah, just kiddin.
Garrett Ace 350
Xpointer

www.nzfossickers.co.nz
6 Pages<1234>»